In Loving Memory

"I'm never cool enough," my best friend breathed out in annoyance.

I rolled my eyes, throwing the basketball up, before catching in with both hands.

I shrugged, even thoug his back was turned on me. "You're cool," I said, looking at the ceiling.

He turned around from the desk and looked at me. "Then how come your other friends never invite me anywhere?"

Ethan shook his head, before turning back around. "Even my dumb twin-sister is getting accepted by them," I heard him mumble.

I sighed, catching the ball.

"Maybe you should hang out with us more often then, istead of spending all your time in the library," I suggested cautiously once I had straightened up from my bed.

He turned back to me, giving me a judging look.

"Your sis is chill," I let him know and gave him a pat on the shoulder on my way to the mini-fridge.

"Dakota's practically a dude!"

I nodded, as I gulped the beer down.

"Which makes her chill," I told him with a grin, pointing at him.

"Oh, and I'm not?" He exclaimed somewhat offended.

I scratched the back of my neck. "Well... you see..."

Ethan held up his hands, raising his eyebrows. "Aight, aight. Message received loud and clear. But don't come crawling back to me, when aliens attack our college..."

"See? You can't say shit like that and expect people not to sock you for it."

He chuckled, giving me the one finger salute.

Ethan is my best friend since kindergarten. His twin-sister Dakota joined us in 5th grade. I consider her my own sister. Now we're all at the same college, which is dope. I'm pretty popular, and Dokata hits it off with the crowd too. And Ethan's just Ethan.

When I came out of the shower, Ethan was still working at his desk.

"What'cha doing?" I asked, rubbing my wet hair with a towel.

"Working on a secret project," he answered, like it was the most obvious thing.

I threw the towel on the bed and he turned around. "What are you up to?"

"I'm going to this party," I said. "You wanna come?"

"Nah," he replied coolly, leaning back in his chair. "I'm gonna go and bring Elvis back to life." He smiled smugly.

"Your dog?"

"No! The Elvis! The one and only King of Rock 'n Roll!"

I scoffed. "What did you take, dude? Can I have some?"

Ethan finally got his ass up from that chair. "Don't believe me, just watch." He took the testtube that was laying on his desk and threw on his jacket.

"You're being serious," I said, chuckling incredulously.

He just walked past me to the door.

"Dude, where are you going with that stuff?"

Ethan stopped, his hand on the doorknob. "To the graveyard, duh!"

"What the fuck, man!"

Ethan did a lot of weird shit, but this was a whole new level.

"I invented a life-serum," he shrugged and was about to open the door, leaving me dumbfounded behind, when the door swung open.

Ethan screeched and fell to the floor.