The Heart Wants.....

(Unedited.)

Damon, frustrated, had been attempting to burn Elijah's body for the last half an hour to no avail. But he needed that dagger back. So, he turned back on the blow torch and gave it another try.

"Mmm, burning flesh." Katherine appeared in the doorway. "If you're trying to get the dagger back, you're wasting your time. He's indestructible"
"No kidding. How do you know so much about Original vampires?" Damon asked walking toward her slightly, taking a break from torching the original.
"Spend 500 years running from one."
Answered Katherine cheekily. "Shouldn't you know a bit? Seeing as you had a thing with one of them."

Damon was silent avoiding his ex-girlfriends eye.

"Evangeline eh? The sickeningly goodie goodie.She was my favorite you know." Katherine informed him, loving how uncomfortable this was making Damon. "Tried to convince Klaus not to go through with it. Truly a good person."

Finally he let out a sigh. Damon had been trying to distract himself from thinking about her for days. Every time he got her off his mind for a fraction of a second, someone would bring her up or something, no matter how small it was, would remind him of her.

30 days.

30 days was all it took for the beautiful and kind female original to work her way into his dark heart and consume every part of him.

"You screwed that up royally." Katherine tsked.

"Katherine." His tone held warning.
"What?" She blinked innocently. "I'm just saying."

Gritting his teeth with a clenched jaw, Damon closed his eyes momentarily trying to remain calm. Katherine was right. He knew that. But he didn't want to hear it. Evangeline was a good person. He knew that from experience. But he was sure that he ruined any chance with her after the events 8 days ago.

8 days.

That's how long it had been since he laid eyes on her. Anxiety was slowly taking over him as he wondered where she was. If she was okay. The vampire he was currently trying to destroy meant a great deal to Evangeline, and Damon could only imagine how alone she felt. He knew she was going crazy. Even though she threatened to kill him if she saw him again, Damon was definitely willing to chance it if it meant he got to make sure she was okay.

"So when I told you my plan to kill Elijah, why didn't you warn me that I'd die if I used a dagger on him?" He questioned Katherine once he composed himself.

"Oh, there's so many rules. It's all very confusing." Playing dumb she walked around Damon, entering the cellar further.
"Did you know I would die?"
"Did Elijah tell you his plan? Did he have a dagger to kill Klaus with?" The Petrova woman ignored him, making an inquiry of her own.
"Why are you still here?" He sighed growing irritated with Katherine and her games.

"Because you haven't forcibly removed me." Fed up, Damon pointed the blow torch at her as a threat. "You wouldn't.
"Oh, I would."
"Damon, be smart." Backing up, she never took her eyes off the weapon. "I want Klaus dead just as much as you do. More. If I wasn't be honest about helping, I'd be long gone by now, ok? You can hate me. But we want the same thing. And you know... I always get what I want."

Hours.

It took 7 hours for Niklaus to arrive after. It was no secret that the two had been on the outs for a while now. Nevertheless, when his sister called crying he came running.