Chapter Eight

CHAPTER EIGHT

BPOV

I drove to school feeling happy. Moving to Forks was a good decision. I already felt happier, freer. I could fly around without the fear of someone from below seeing me. I got to school and hopped out of my truck.

"Bella!" Jessica called to me. Great, here comes to idiots. Jessica tan towards me and hugged me. Ok, slut germs. Ew. "Hey Jessica" I greeted. "Hey guys" I greeted the other who had followed her. The bell rang and we all started walking towards our classes. Thank god, oh, I have to sit with her at lunch. I could just sit with the Cullen's, they don't seem like freaks to me like Jessica said. Bet she is just jealous.

Or angry because Edward doesn't want to go out with her. I walked to my first period class and sat down. Classes leading up to lunch time were boring, especially when Jessica sat next to me and chattered to herself. I swear if you hooked her mouth up to generator, you would never run out of power.

"Come on Bella, come sit with us" Jessica grabbed me by the arm and pulled me towards their table. I suppose I should just sit with them one more day. Maybe I should just make up an imaginary friend. Maybe I should talk to Angela, she seems nice. Unlike Jessica who is un afraid to voice her opinion.

"Hey Angela" I said and turned towards her, my back to Jessica. "Oh, hey Bella" she seemed surprised that I would want to talk to her. Well, anyone's better than listening to Jessica and her inane chatter.

Angela and I talked for the rest of lunch, thankfully blocking out Jessica's voice. I swear I'm getting a headache from her. The bell rang and I got up and put my food in the bin that I didn't eat. I walked to my biology class. Oh, I have this class with Edward. And thankfully I don't have Jessica in this class.

I walked into class and sat down at my seat next to Edward. He was already there, just doodling on his book. "Hey Edward" I greeted. He looked over at me, surprised. "Hi Bella" he said. Looks like everybody does ignore them. Why? They don't seem freaky to me or give off a freaky vibe. Or maybe that's just me.

The teacher started class, giving a lecture, and since he growled everyone who turned their head to their partner, we couldn't talk. Well, I could, not sure of he would hear me though if I talked below human ears.

By time class finished, I was bored out of my mind and couldn't wait to get to gym. Take some of my boredness out on hitting a ball. Maybe into Jessica's head accidentally. Accidentally. By time gym had finished, I was feeling happy. I had taken out my boredness on hitting the volleyball, maybe a bit too hard, but oh well, and had won heaps of games.

I got in my truck and started driving down to La Push, using the directions Charlie had given me. I ended up stopping next to a quaint little house. It was one storey, looked like it had one kitchen, two bedrooms and a bathroom and a lounge. Pretty god for a small house. I presume it's only Billy and Jacob now, I'm surprised I still remember them. I haven't seen them in years.

I pulled up and saw Charlie's cruiser in the driveway. I hoped out and walked up the steps. "Bella?" I heard someone ask as the door opened. "Jacob?" I looked in front of me and saw a tall, boy, with brown hair cropped back, russet coloured skin, brown eyes. He looked like Billy, only a younger version.

"Jacob!" I yelled and jumped in his arms. He caught me and hugged me. "I haven't seen you in Years Bells, man have you grown, have you gained weight?" he asked. I wriggled out of his grip. "Jacob! How dare you insult me!" I pretended to be insulted. "Sorry Bells" he said cockily. "No you're not, by the way, have you grown? You look like a giant" I said.

"Yes actually I have" he said proudly. "Finally got your growth hormones" I said and laughed. "Shut up Shorty" he said. "Whatever" I laughed. "Let's go inside and see Billy, I missed you guys" I said as we walked inside. I saw Charlie and Billy sitting in the lounge, beer in one hand and eyes glued to the baseball game on the TV. "Hey Billy" I said as we entered the room. "Bella!" he said and wheeled his wheelchair around so he could come towards me.

"Heya Billy" I said as I leaned down to give him a hug. "Hey Bella, you've grown up, how ya doing?" he asked. "I've been good" I said enthusiastically. "Liking Forks?" he asked. "Yep" I said. "Well that's good, you and Jacob can go and play or something if you want. Dinner will be ready at around 6:30" Billy said. "Ok, see you guys later" I said. "Want to go down to first beach?" Jacob asked me. "Sure" I said.

We started walking down to first beach, talking about what we had been doing over the years. "So you really started the car from scratch?" I asked. Jacob was telling me of how he had his rabbit in his garage that he had made by himself from old pieces of wood he got off the beach and how he started to build his own car.

"Yep, and it'll almost be finished soon, want to see it sometime?" he asked. "Yeah sure" I said. By now we were at the end of the beach and I looked up. Above us, was a cliff. "Can you cliff dive of that?" I asked. That would be awesome to just run off the cliff and transform in mid air. Of course I would have to do it at night time so no one sees me. "Yep, me and a few of my friends Sam, Jared and Paul and a few others cliff dive sometimes" he said.

"That sounds fun, I might go sometime" I muttered. It sure did sound like fun. "We should go together some time" he suggested. "OK" I said. "We should probably be getting back, it's getting cold, and dinner will be ready soon" Jake said. "OK. And aren't you cold though?" I asked. He was only wearing cut off jeans and no top. He smirked. "No, I don't get cold" he said.

It was as i he was talking about an inside joke. Smug asshole. We continued walking back to their house, just chatting about random things. I forgot how much Jake was a good friend. I really did miss Forks. I'll miss Renee too, but I can always visit her sometimes. Maybe when she is out of her newlywed stage.

We got back to the house and Billy and Charlie were sitting at the table, the food already set up. "Ah kids, you made it back in time" Billy said. "Dinner's ready, take a seat and dig in. "I took a seat and started eating the lasagne Billy had made. "Damn, this is nice Billy, when did you learn to cook?" I asked. He laughed. "Well, someone has to feed Jacob since he can't cook a thing, and with all the growing he is doing, frozen food just won't do" he laughed and looked at Jacob who was scarfing down his own plate of food appreciatively.

The rest of dinner was just talking about random stuff and catching up. "Thanks for dinner Billy, it was nice to have some decent food for a change, you know how I can't cook" he said. We all laughed. "That's why I'm taking over the kitchen for him now" I said.

"Well, it was nice to have you guys over, you should come over again sometime soon" he said. "OK" Charlie said. They went back inside and Charlie and I went to our cars. "See you at home Bells" Charlie said and waved at me as he hopped in his cruiser. I waved as he pulled out of the driveway and drove away. I hopped in my truck and followed him.