Chapter 6

Gajeel's POV

We finished gathering up food and we headed home, had to drag Salamander though. We walked in silence. I look up. Poor bunny-girl. But gets me the most was that they didn't recognize Salamander. But Why? We get inside the house and plonk down on couches, Natsu only stayed curled up in the corner. I clear my throat and look down. "We should explain somethings." I motion to me and Wendy. "You know something?" I sigh and nod. "I should probably tell Salamander why he's feeling like that. But first off. We should reintroduce ourselves as well." Wendy nods sadly. "I'm sorry Natsu-san for not telling you when she finally came back to you. But I'm number 7658. Romeo-kun is my Ward." Salamander looks at Wendy in shock. I cross my arms. "I'm number 5452. Shrimp is my Ward."

"Ward?" Ice boy asks. I grumble and nod. "Wards are like wards. They protect the experiments from going on rampages and help control their powers. Anyways, Salamander is Bunny-girl's Other Half. He lost his memories of her and everything they did to all of us. Other Halves are connected. They're each other's other half. Which is where the name came from. Salamander has partial amnesia and the connection was blocked. Bunny-girl and Salamander are the first successful experiments to live. They were together since minutes after birth. Any questions." Salamander staggerly  stands up then in a second grabs my collar and gets in my face. "How long....have you known?" I raise my hands up in surrender. "Since I was little. We have met before. Every experiment has."

Salamander lets me go and leans on a wall. "So...what number am I?" I cross my arms again. "4563A. You have the same abilities as bunny-girl. But something really bothers me." Erza looks at me. "Bothers you?" I nod. "Why didn't they recognize Salamander. He was right there. Why and how does he have amnesia. Where is his number brand. They burn it on all of us. Why don't they have a GPS on you and only bunny-girl." I pull my shirt down a little and show my number. Wendy raises her sleeve and shows her number. "What about Romeo and Levy?" Jellal asks. I look at Shrimp who shakes her head. "No. We were given tags. We were considered the precious ones. Treated better than them. Only because we would be the ones to stop them. Either we hit it off without a hitch or they would kill us. It was one or the other. No between." I rub a hand down my face. "Did you meet anyone before you joined up with us?" Salamander grabs the scarf around his neck.

"I did. Said he knew me. I woke up in a pile of trash. I didn't remember a thing. Just knew I had to run and distract. He said his name was Igneel. He gave me this scarf and I went with him for about a year. I never saw a burn brand. Just plain skin. Igneel passed when the epidemic was at it's peak. That when I found you guys." I look at Wendy, who nods. I run my hand down my face. "Igneel was the one who fed you and bunny-girl. He must of erased your memories and did something to hide your mark." "Why do I need the mark and why would he do that?" I roll my eyes. "You don't need the mark. But for the memories, probably to hide your obsession for bunny-girl or to hide you of the horrors of what happened there." I look down at Wendy. "Think you can heal him? Or have any idea what the key would be?" Wendy squeaks. "I don't know how to do that! Lucy-san only told me I could do it. For the key..." She looks at the scarf on Salamanders neck. "It could be the scarf."