Chapter Twenty Four

I am SO sorry for this strange updating time!

I fell asleep last night when waiting for 12 AM, because cheerleading knocked the strength out of me.

We had a planking competition (which I won, yay!) So sorry for not keeping to my usual schedule.

Carry on!

Top Commenters (Those who have a good description of the riddle correctly):
Nouran_Tamer
Bluewolf1234
Kalifornia-C0ast
krinal5
MsPonyboyCurtis

Word Count: 1855

~Mara

I didn't get the opportunity to answer.

Once we pulled up, everything happened in a matter of seconds. From me being handcuffed, to being dragged from the car by my arm. Kaden's hand on my arm was the only thing keeping me calm within this current haze of darkness.

Yet still, fear bloomed within my chest, threatening to spill out. All my bearings are suddenly lost, as I feel my feet get dragged over thick concrete floors.

The feeling of Kaden's fingers pressed against my neck make me gasp. I know what he plans. But I don't bother fighting it, as I feel myself slip into a state of unconsciousness.

💙••💙

I awake, roughly tousled and weak. My blindfold has been ripped off, but the phantom feeling still dances across my face. The chair I am bind to is as familiar as the room I'm in.

This isn't the first time I've been in this position.

Kaden leans against a wall at the other end of the room. A smirk of amusement dances across his face, as he takes me in with wicked eyes. I was about to say something to him, but I notice Coen by the door.

I'm supposed to hate Kaden.

"It seems as though our game has come to an end," Kaden muses. He strolls closer, making me shiver.

The taunt in his voice resides deeply inside me. This is Alpha Kaden. Not my mate, right now. And I am not his mate. I am Mara, his captive.

"What a shame. How I did enjoy pursuing you," he murmurs. His eyes flash sinfully, as he drags his gaze down my body. Suddenly, I feel exposed, like my bare legs are spread wide for him.

"Let me go," I say hoarsely. It's a lame attempt, but I'm sure Coen buys it. At least I think so, as I cast a quick gaze at him. He stares blankly at us both.

Kaden, close now, kneels in front of me. The corner of his mouth is raised playfully, daring me to make a snarky remark. I am reminded again, of his true self. His true self being the sinful, mischievous Alpha yet to grow into his title.

Glancing down at his hands, I see them covered by those retched gloves. Instead of acknowledging that fact, he runs the top of his finger down my chin, watching me shudder with a look of utter pleasure.

"Oh Mara...You thought you could escape me?"

The way he says it suggests it's more than an act. He's teasing me with the fact that he did find me. And he did win. Even if he did almost die in the process. Not that Coen had to know that.