FOUR

❝I had a heart then, but the queen has been overthrown

❝I had a heart then, but the queen has been overthrown.❞

I WOKE UP to a pounding headache

I WOKE UP to a pounding headache. Ugh, hangovers.  I raised up and found a note beside me. I was squinting my eyes from the horrible headache, but still managed to read the words on the paper.

All it said was 'ask Buck' which made me even more confused. I groaned and got out of the bed, wondering why the hell I slept in the same bed as him. One things for sure, I'm not telling Maya about this. She'll go nuts. 

I brushed my hair with my fingers, trying my best to get the tangles out. Once I looked at least a little presentable, I walked downstairs, being greeted by the smell of alcohol and drugs. I didn't cringe since I was so used to it, but it still caught me by surprise. 

"Naomi!" 

Buck shouted my name and I walked over to him, leaning on the counter. "Where the hell is that bastard?" I questioned, making Buck laugh. 

"He's at the Curtis's." He answered, giving me a small smile. 

I told him thanks and ran out of that place. As soon as I see him, I'm going to strangle him. He left me to walk all the way back to town. Buck's is pretty far from where the Curtis's are and me being hungry is not helping. 

After about walking for an hour, I was in front of the Curtis's house, the usual yelling coming from inside. I didn't even bother knocking I was so pissed off. I opened the door, making it slam against the wall. 

Two-Bit started giggling, holding a beer in one hand and a cake in the other. "You're screwed, Dal." 

He rolled his eyes. "Why are you mad? I didn't do anything."

My eyes went wide and I clenched my fists, my anger getting the best of me. "You didn't do anything?! You left me stranded at Buck's place and made me walk all the way out here in the heat for an hour! Plus, I'm starving!"

Darry shot a glare at Dally, making him roll his eyes.

A smirk crept up on Soda's face. "Wait, you're still in the same clothes from yesterday."

"DID Y'ALL SLEEP TOGETHER?!" Two-Bit shouted, making all of us cover our ears. 

"I told you two to not make babies!" Steve scolded, making Dally and I pissed off. 

"I didn't sleep with him!" I screamed, making all of them be silent. 

"Well, you kind of did. It just wasn't in the way they're thinking." Dally smirked. 

Two-Bit scoffed. "Dal, you wish it was the way we were thinking." 

"I can't disagree with that." Dally replied while winking at me. 

"You said you were hungry?" Darry questioned, changing the subject. I turned towards him and shot him a small grin. "Famished." 

//

AFTER EATING A whole meal Darry cooked, I walked out and saw Parker sitting on a bench. I wouldn't say him and I were friends, but we talked every time we saw each other. I sat next to him, him shooting me a grin. 

[this is Parker :))))]

"What's up, Nomi?" He greeted, his pearly white teeth flashing me

I chuckled. He always calls me Nomi, he says it's my nickname for him. "I spent a whole night with Dallas Winston." My elbows rested on my knees as his smile curved into a smirk. 

"Wow, I'm jealous. Why can't you ever spend a whole night with me?" Amusement filled his voice making me roll my eyes. 

"Get me drunk and that'll probably happen." I leaned back on the bench, the sun shining on Parker's brown hair. 

Parker winked at me. "I'll keep that in mind, Nomi." 

I grinned as he got up and ran away, doing a back flip as he ran. Parker was the reckless type for sure. He reminded me of Soda. He had the looks and a reckless side to him. The only difference was Parker's hazel eyes. 

"Already moving on from me?" Dally's voice came from behind me, making me chuckle. 

"I was never with you in the first place." 

He sat beside me on the bench, looking me in the eyes. "You dating him?" 

I scoffed. "Parker? We're just good friends."

Dally smiled. "Good. I thought I was going to have some competition." 

//

short chapter, but I hope you enjoyed it! 

do you like Parker?