43

C H A P T E R 43

The crowd had fallen silent as they watched Madam Pomfrey, Professor Sprout, and Professor McGonagall rush forward to where he had fallen.

Samantha watched desperately and also jumped into the air when she was Cedric sit up. He looked a bit winded, but he was alive and that's what mattered.

The rest of the Hufflepuff team surrounded him and he was nodding at everyone, assuring them that he was ok. As his teammates took his broom and started to celebrate with each other, Cedric looked up at the stands and smiled at Samantha.

She returned the smile, but hers had a different meaning. She had saved him, and he would never know.

• • • • •

"So how's Hermione?" Samantha asked Harry and Ron later that day back in the Common Room.

When everyone had came back, they had heard that she was in the Hospital Wing and thought she was attacked but Harry and Ron immediately squashed that rumor by saying that it was an accident with a potion.

They went and visited her during the week so Samantha wanted to know the update.

"She's much better, but still has whiskers and is slightly covered in hair," Harry spoke with a disgusted face.

Samantha was a bit shocked when they told her that this potion turned Hermione into cat. An odd way to spend break...making potions. But she didn't think anything of it and hoped Hermione would get better soon. The sooner she got out of the Hospital Wing, the sooner people would stop thinking she was attacked.

Classes now had more homework than ever and Oliver was working them to the bone at Quidditch practice which they had three times a week. The point scale was very close so they had to win by a huge margin to secure a spot in the finals.

That meant that Samantha had to score a lot, and on a great Hufflepuff defense. They had a few weeks until the match. It was in early March, but they knew it would come quick due to how short February was.

Speaking of February, it was now almost Valentine's Day and it seemed that the school was in better spirits due to there not being any attacks so far during this term. Lockhart seemed to think that it was him that stopped the attacks and decided to decorate the school a bit too lavishly for the upcoming romantic holiday.

There was a Hogsmeade trip that Saturday, the week of Valentine's Day, and Samantha was rather anxious to spend it with Cedric. She was never the "hopeless" romantic type and would honestly spend the day eating candy and playing Quidditch.

Angelina and Alicia mentioned this cute little tea shop that they could go to but Samantha raised an eyebrow in disgust. She didn't have anything against those couples who went there but it wasn't her style.

She just wanted to be with Cedric and didn't want to spend a lot of money so a nice lunch to the Three Broomsticks would please her.

She woke up the morning of Valentine's Day to an owl tapping against her bedside window.

Grumbling that it was before her alarm clock, Samantha rolled out of bed and her grumpy mood went away when she saw that it was Cypress, Cedric's owl.