44~Defect

I like the sad eyes, bad guys, mouth full of white lies. - Halsey, Ghost

    I was awaken by a stone-faced Achlys. "The queen wants you." he said stoically.

    I gripped his arm, "Get me out, Achlys, I- I can't. She's killing me. The memories, there's something weird about them, something different then when I see Vince's memories. And I can't be away from him, it'll kill me."

    He pulled away and continued leading me down the grand hallways. "I can't betray her! The vampires will hunt me down to my last breath, and I can't hurt her, I love her."

    I gritted my teeth, "You used to love me too."

    He grimaced in pain, "She's waiting." 

~

    The queen smiled at me, sinking her teeth into my neck. I whimpered as her venom went into my system, making me sluggish. "Bitch." I clawed at her face, "Fuck you."

    She ran her fingertips along the healing wounds. "Down the rabbit hole." she whispered, waving.

   I fell to the floor, failing to lunge at her head to snap it. 

~

    Evangeline moaned as she greedily drained the peasant of blood. "Apollo," she said, raising her head. "The power I feel, coursing through my veins." 

    She grasped his jacket in her hands, "I want your blood, I want you."

    He smiled, nipping at her neck with blunted teeth. "Vampire, that's what you are, and if you have my blood then you'll be too powerful. Can't have that, there is only one king, baby." He sighed at the greed in her eyes and snapped her neck. "Well, I know the process works, no need for you."

    He stepped away from her limp body, red hair fanned out across her head. He turned away, strolling through the streets, humming. A blur of black passed him, pinning him to the wall of a cottage. He looked up at Evangeline blearily, "What a thing I've created." he smiled.

~

    Lunas slammed her pale fist against the table, "He will come for us! And when he does, we will die. He travels the lands with his army of abominations, destroying and conquering. We are the only gods on earth, no one will come to help us. All we have is the Canus."

     Dominic, her second. raised his head. "The Canus follow you to some extent, but they won't blindly follow you into death."

    She smirked, "Then I'll give them something to fight for."

~

   The camp was in chaos as the Canus found their destined. Males shivered at the touch of their female, growling at anyone that came too close. Lunas stood over them, eyes confident. "You've all found your mates, your destined. You will mate, and have children, and want to protect each other to your last breath, and you will. From this day forth you will fight for your mate, or die." She swung the sword in her hand towards a large male, "Maverick, the gamma." she smiled. "Where the fuck is your mate?"

    Maverick raised his eyebrows, upset. "Not here."

    She ran her eyes along the mass of newly created, "No, gods no." she shook her head. "Please, no."

    Dominic glanced at her, "What, exactly, did you do, Lunas?"

     "When I had mates and weaved the auras and changed fate.... Let's say it was all or nothing."