182

(five more chapters to go until snapchat ends i'm so)

it was after dinner that the lester family along with dan, were sitting in the living room, a low flame burning quietly in the corner and the sweet fragrance prevalent in the room from a scented candle.

phil looked across at dan, his cheeks flushing slightly at the fact that the younger boy had to wear a turtleneck to hide the marks on his neck, his abdomen churning at the thought of what happened a while ago.

right now they were talking about their family traditions that none of them followed anymore, with phil's parents adding in the detail of what nuisance phil and martyn would pull up whenever they had the chance.

it was only a few minutes from midnight, which meant it would officially be christmas, and phil's father had brought a huge bottle of wine to celebrate the holiday.

"it would be so good if martyn was here as well," phil's mother spoke, her voice laced with a hint of sadness before phil just nudged her, and leaned forward to kiss her cheek affectionately.

"i think it's about time your other son got some attention," phil joked, and his mother just chuckled, ruffling the older boy's hair.

"oh come on you two, this is no time to be soppy, it's almost christmas!" his father interrupted the adoring exchange which caused the pale woman to roll her eyes and stick her tongue at the man childishly.

"you are not a good role model," his father looked at her disapprovingly, which just caused a groan to escape her mouth, and soft giggles from dan and phil's.

"only a minute more to christmas! aren't you excited?" his mum shook phil's shoulder and he just amusedly looked at her, a charming smile on his face.

"mum, we're not five," phil rolled his eyes and dan just furrowed his eyebrows at the statement, reaching forward and nudging phil harshly in the ribs.

"don't be rude," the younger boy mumbled, pouting slightly, and phil just stared at him before softly shaking his head and joining his family in the borderline annoying ritual.

phil's mum watched their exchange adoringly, and if it was in her hands, she would just tell phil to marry the sweet boy. she had never seen phil this happy, ever before when he talked to her or came over to visit. there was just something different about him, something different that came along with daniel, and she could tell that the brunette boy, made her son the happiest.

"fine," phil groaned, still smiling as he shouted out numbers with his father, and enthusiastic environment taking over the whole of the living room.

"one! merry christmas!" phil laughed at the his fathers loud cheer, and dan watched as phil's parents hugged each other, phil's mum leaving a kiss against the man's cheek.

dan was caught off guard when phil's mother hugged him, and he felt warm at the comforting gesture, blushing once the woman kissed his forehead.

phil's father just pulled dan into a tight, side-hug, patting his back and pulling his cheek slightly.

it was only until dan made eye-contact with phil that he realised that he hadn't wished phil, and so he just slowly walked up to the older boy, biting his lip slightly before opening his mouth.

"merry christmas?" it came out more like a question and phil just wrapped his arms securely around dan's waist, swaying back and forth in a heart-warming gesture while his parents were busy pouring drinks.

"merry christmas baby," phil mumbled softly in his hair, managing to steal a quick kiss against the younger boy's lips as well before his parents saw them, to which dan just blushed, pushing phil lightly in the chest.

"what did you get me for this christmas?" phil's father poked phil's shoulder, wiggling his eyebrows and handing them both a flask of red wine.

"i have got you both fabulous presents, they're right there," phil pointed under the tree, where there were a few wrapped presents, two from his parents, three from phil who had cheekily added dan's name on the present too, and one from dan.

"i-i didn't get your parents anything," dan pulled at phil's sleeve nervously and phil just gave him a comforting smile.

"don't worry, i got you," he murmured and dan just rolled his eyes slightly before taking a sip of his wine.

ten minutes and four wine glasses later, phil's mum was thanking him for an absurd apron that he bought and phil's father was just laughing at the shirt phil got for him, saying that he was the 'best dad' in the world.

the gifts were kind of ridiculous, but all that mattered was that everyone found them amusing and could laugh about it.

phil's parents got him a pair of headphones and dan a box of chocolates because they did not know what the younger boy would like and phil just thanked them dismissively while dan just smiled sweetly, cheeks flushed at receiving a present from two people he barely even knew.

dan got phil an unexpected plush blobfish, which was a shade of pastel pink and was currently sat in phil's lap as he squished it with his hands.

dan had also bought him a large marshmallowy pancake, which had a printed christmas dinner, and it was the most amusing of them all because phil had started laughing as soon as he saw it.

phil got dan a variety of scented candles, from lavender to pine nuts, and dan was very happy about it, giving phil a shy smile to avoid leaning forward and kissing his cheek.

right now they were heading upstairs towards phil's room, slightly airheaded because of the large amount of wine they had consumed.

as soon as they entered the dimly lit room, dan was hugging phil affectionately, mumbling a tiny 'merry christmas' followed by an 'i love you' to which phil just gripped him tighter, placing a soft kiss against the younger boy's forehead.

"i have another gift for you," dan mumbled and pulled away from the older boy, placing the scented candles on the dresser while phil caressed his new plushy pet.

"oh my god, you actually bought it?" phil was blushing out of embarrassment when dan handed him the mug that he sent a picture of to phil, and dan just laughed at his reaction, kissing phil's lips once before smiling at him.

"i thought you liked it?" dan raised his eyebrows teasingly and phil just rolled his eyes, placing the mug on the dresser as well before wrapping his arms loosely around dan's waist, pulling his closer so their chests were touching.

"i've got another gift for you too," phil pressed a gentle kiss against dan's cheek and dan just nodded, as phil retrieved one of his hands from around dan's body, to pull out a small velvety box, placing it in dan's hands.

"are you proposing to me?" dan giggled as he turned the black ring case in his hands, and phil just chuckled shaking his head.

"it's a promise ring," phil mumbled as dan revealed it, a thick silver band with an unreadable inscription on the bottom and dan could feel his cheeks flush as phil grabbed the ring, sliding it over dan's finger.

"p-promise ring? for what?"

"to promise you that i will never leave you alone,"

--

follow my new twitter???? i love u so much

its: @riickyblitz

also i'm crying because snapchat will be over in a few chapters

pls vote for the few chapters left it would make me v happy thank

also maybe i should do a character ask before this ends? let me know if you want me to :(