thirty seven

"My turn," I say, getting up as the baby cries. After putting the prosthetic on, I walk into Sophia's room and lift her up, rocking her crying body. Her hand grabs at my chest, but the lack of shirt restricts her usual grab.

"Sophia, baby, sleep," I say, her blue eyes wide.

She starts to giggle when I spin her around, then I keep rocking her. I walk around the house for a while, her eyes starting to droop. I get into the nursery and lay her back down, her arms up beside her head while she sleeps. My lips curve and I walk back to the bedroom, taking the prosthetic off and climbing into bed. Allie is wrapped in my arms and she curls closer to me, my eyes closing as I fall back asleep.

I wake up to Allie beside me, talking to who I can only assume is Sophia. My head turns and I see Allie playing with her, making faces and making her laugh. It's a soft raspy little sound but none the less amazing to hear.

"Good morning," Allie beams, my lips curving. I pat the bed and she lays Sophia between us, her body resting on her side to look at us. When I kiss Sophia's cheek, she squeals and I laugh. Never would I had thought having a baby would make me this happy, but Sophia is amazing.

Her legs stretch before she grabs her feet, my hand grabbing her thigh and squeezing it. She's got a lot of chub already and kissing the little thing is super fun. Sophia's bright blue eyes look at me and she rolls over, giggle and drooling all at the same time.

I grab her ankles and roll her back onto her back, her eyes looking at Allie.

"Hi baby," she grins, poking Sophia's lip. She giggles again and reaches to her, Allie moving her hand so she can grab it.

Allie kiss her forehead and she leans up, my lips pressing to hers. She grins and lays back down, but I grab Sophia and lift her up. The giggles are loud and I sit up, her eyes on me. Then she starts to play with my mouth and I smile, pretending to eat her fingers. It always makes her laugh.

My head turns to Allie when she curls closer to us, my lips pressing to her forehead. I turn my attention back to Sophia, my leg bending to have her sit on my stomach and rest on my thigh. Her hands grab my fingers and I rest my hand on her stomach, her brown curls all over the place.

She starts to put my fingers in her mouth and I laugh at the weird feeling, her toothless mouth so bizarre.

I feel Allie rest her head on my shoulder and Sophia laughs, letting go of my hand to wave her arms. Allie laughs and talks to Sophia, her hand grabbing Sophia's. The little girl bends and leans towards Allie, who is quick to grab the baby.

Allie lifts her and sits up, my eyes watching Sophia curl onto Allie. "I have to go get a bottle," she tells me, my arms pushing myself up.

"I'll come down with you," I tell her, her smile bright. We do everything together and I love it.

We spend the morning in the kitchen, playing and messing with Sophia to get her to laugh. She's gorgeous; both of my girls are.

~*~

"And I got three fish from the carnival," Sophia squeals on the camera, my lips curving.

"I'm so happy for you Soph," I say, my two year old adorable.

"And mommy is getting big too," she says, my eyebrows furrowing.

"What do you mean Soph? Mommy isn't big," I say, and then Allie comes on the screen. She whispers in Sophia's ear and she nods, the little girl running into the closet. Allie probably told her she could play with her shoes.

"Hi baby," I grin, her lips releasing a sigh.

"Hi," she says, my smile growing.

"Is she wearing you out? I'm sorry I had to go again," I say, her head shaking.

"No. She's just...constantly around me now because I'm big," she says, my eyebrows frowning again.

"Allie, you are not big," I say, her eyebrow lifting.

"Harry, it's been three months since you left and I haven't spoken to you since the first month you were away. Do you know what happens in three months?" she asks, my shoulders shrugging.

"A trimester," she says, standing up and turning to the side. My eyes widen and I cover my mouth, her stomach once again obtaining a bump.

"You mean...that one night before I left," I start, trying to think about all the times we've had sex. It hasn't been a lot because Sophia is a restless sleeper, but we try to have as much as we can.

"Knocked me up again," she laughs, my lips curving.

"Mommy, what's knocked up?" Sophia calls, making me laugh out loud.

"It's when you get big Soph," Allie says, Sophia making the cutest face in realization.

"Sophia do you want to know why mommy is big?" I ask, her head nodding.

Allie tells her she's having a baby and Sophia parts her lips, surprise so happy and beautiful on her.

"A baby!" she screams, making me laugh loudly. Allie tells her not to scream and I find myself so happy, missing my girls and wanting nothing more than to kiss both of them.

I watch Sophia hug Allie, her head resting on the top of the little bump. My lips curve and Allie smiles at me, my heart pounding.

"I wish I was at home," I say, Sophia lifting her head.

"I miss you daddy," she says, my lips pouting.

"I miss you more baby girl," I say, her hand touching the screen. I touch the screen too, hopeful to hold her little hand soon.

I say goodbye and start out to training, getting ready to help and work. But what I don't expect is to be here for six more months. I'm flying home when Allie is due and I take a taxi home, my hand grabbing my bags. But they're dropped when I see Sophia running to me, my hands grabbing her and pulling her onto me.

My eyes close as I hold her close, her arms tight around my neck. "I've missed you so much Soph," I say, her hands playing with my hair.

"I missed you too daddy," she says, my hand grabbing hers when I set her down. Then I look up and Allie holds our baby, my arms wrapping around her.

"It's a girl," she tells me, my lips pressing to her forehead.

"Did you name her?" I ask, her head nodding.

"Sophia, what's your sister's name?" Allie asks, Sophia holding my hand again.

"Collette," she says, my lips curving. I let her hand go so I can grab Collette, my arms cradling the little girl.

She squirms in my arms but I kiss her forehead, Sophia holding Allie's hands. "Isn't she cute?" Sophia smiles, my body squatting down and I kiss her cheek.

"My girls are the cutest," I say, hearing her laugh. I've never loved anything more than the three girls in front of me.

~*~*~*~*~

Hey Loves!

Sorry about all the confusion yesterday about my accidental posting of an unfinished chapter 40. Please note that if you did read it, it was unfinished and I apologize. I took it down as soon as I could. Again I'm so sorry.

Please VOTE COMMENT and SHARE!!

Much Love!! <3 xoxo