Chapter 12

Brody's POV

I drive up to the Ross's to pick Alex up for school. I'm about to get out of the truck, when I see Alex running out of the house. She jumps into my truck and starts yelling at me to drive. I start backing up, when I see a soaking wet Brett running out of the house.

"Ummmm....."

"Aunt Lisa asked me to wake him, and I might have used a bucket of ice water to do so," Alex explains. I start laughing.

"I bet he was pissed." Alex laughs.

"You have no clue. He just about caught me, but I got out the door just in time." We laugh about all the ridiculous things Alex has done to her brothers all the way to school.

We pull up the high school and Alex stares at it like it's a ghost.

"It hasn't changed," she says in a soft voice. I go and wrap my arm around her shoulder.

"No it hasn't." We walk into the school and the halls are bustling with students. We walk to my locker when Alex accidentally bumps into someone.

"I'm so sorry," I hear her start to say. "Kelsy?" I look and see that it is indeed her girl BFF.

"Alex?" Kelsy says incredulously. Alex's face breaks out into a big smile.

"Oh my gosh! It's so good to see you!" The shock from Kelsy's face disappears and her face turns stony.

"Watch where you're going loser." Then she and her gang of girls leave. Alex looks at me with a confused face.

"What in Hades just happened?"

xxxxx

Hey guys. Sorry it's been so long since I updated. But I've been really busy and have had writer's block. Anyways thanks for all the votes! Keep it up! Oh, by the way, I got the whole using the Greek gods' names instead of actual cuss words from Rick Riordan. Love his Percy Jackson series! Should really read them if you haven't!