Chapter 77

Anyone else excited for Christmas? If anyone is interested in giving me a Christmas present (because you love me lol) like our page! http://www.facebook.com/pages/A-Master-Of-Mischief/222150114528709 Let's see if we can get 100 likes before Christmas! Chapter dedication to the first, fifth and tenth likers!!

_____________________________________________________________________________

**George’s POV**

At about two Alithea wakes from her nap. Charlie, Bill and Fred have been waiting for the past couple of hours for her to wake so they can play with her some more.

“I’ll get her!” Fred cries, jumping to his feet as Alithea’s cries sound from upstairs. Before Maddie or I can open our mouths he’s halfway up the stairs. A minute later he comes back down, Alithea leaning against his chest, rubbing her eyes.

“Daddy,” she mumbles, reaching out to me. I take her and sit her on my lap. She leans her face against my chest. I brush her soft hair back, watching how the red is tinted with gold in the light. I jump slightly as I feel her sharp teeth sink into me.

“Ouch,” I hiss, pulling away. Maddie looks up and raises an eyebrow at me. I know I’m not getting out of this. Feeling a bit embarrassed, I hold Alithea so she’s looking at me and try to look stern.

“Alithea, don’t bite,” I say. She looks up at me and laughs.

She laughs. Right in my face.

I thought I had until she was a teenager before this kind of thing set in.

I glance over at Maddie who shakes her head slightly. I sigh and try again.

“Alithea, you don’t bite,” I say again. She laughs again.

“Cuddle Daddy?” she asks. I look at Maddie who just rolls her eyes.

“Watch,” she mutters, walking over and kneeling beside me. She turns Alithea to face her. Alithea can tell immediately she’s in for it. She grabs my shirt in one hand and leans into my chest, watching Maddie warily.

“Did you just bite Daddy?” Maddie asks. Alithea nods, tears already in her eyes.

“Don’t cry,” Maddie warns her, “is it okay to bite?”

Alithea looks up at me for support. Feeling guilty, I pick her up and set her on her feet. She looks down at the ground. Maddie tilts her chin up.

“Alithea, if you bite again, you’ll get a smack,” she warns, “now, please give Daddy a hug and say sorry.”

“Sorry Daddy,” Alithea says, hopping back into my lap and rubbing her face against my shoulder.

“Good girl,” Maddie says. I’m amazed at how fast her tone changed from being stern to being warm, like sunshine. Alithea smiles at her and Maddie swoops over to give her a kiss.

“You want to play with your uncles?” Maddie asks playfully, “they’ve been waiting all afternoon for you to wake up! And soon uncle Ron and auntie Ginny will be home too!”

“Pa too?” Alithea asks.

“Pa to,” Maddie nods, “and Papi and Re-Re and maybe even Tonks.”

Alithea claps her hands and laughs, looking excited.

“You go play with Bill,” Maddie says, shooing her off.

“How do you do that?” I ask, “why does she listen to you?”

“The same reason you’re terrified of your mother but laugh at the idea of your father disciplining you,” Maddie replies, watching Alithea play with Bill, Charlie and Fred.