Chapter Twenty Five

Guess what I'm working on ^^

MATURE CONTENT WARNING!!Proceed with caution!

Top Commenters:
Blue_light_nb
aLwAySsMiLeLoVeXx
topanon

Word Count: 2306

~Mara

Time continued. Staring at the clock mounting on my wall, I watched the hands tick by steadily. I have been seated in this exact position for longer than expected. What is Kaden doing, that is more important than this?

I suppose he said he would visit me in the night, and the clock clearly shows that it is far from morning yet.

Slumping back onto my bed, I let out an irritated groan. My reason for being this inspired  is all because of Kaden. Damn him for being so bewitching with his words. What if he was just saying he wanted to visit me as some sort of taunt? Perhaps he does not plan to adhere to his claims.

I heave my body off of the bed, wandering over to my window. Secure bars are attached to either side of the window, stopping it from opening more that a few centimetres. It lets enough air in for me to be able to breathe. The lights are off in the room, so I can look through the glass without a reflection. My only light source comes from the moonlight streaming into the room.

City lights glow and flicker in the distance, taunting me with the freedom I so suddenly do not have. I make a quick mental note to remind myself to ask Kaden if he would let me visit the main city of the Vengeance Pack.

I was leaning close, breath fogging up the glass when I heard the soft creak of my door opening. Pausing, I don't dare turn around.

"Riddle me this," a soft voice murmurs. My hands clench on the window sill.

"If I were to take you up to my room, right now, how long do you think it will take, until this whole place hears you scream my name?"

An unprompted shiver runs down my body. Slowly, I turn around, meeting Kaden's eyes.

The muted light from the moon casts shadows across his face, framing him as more of a predator, than anything else. If my heart didn't belong to this male, then I would have been terrified.

The way he stares me down; feral, predatory, hungry.

He raises a hand formerly tucked behind his back. I stare at the leather that encases it, as it shines in the light. It dawns on me, that he is cautious about Coen, still.

But what I see, is a proposal. And a promise.

Stepping forward, I slide my hand into his firm grip. As my eyes flicker to his, I see the provocative allure he doesn't bother supressing within them. Wordlessly, he leads me from the room, hand never leaving mine.

"Why not my room?" I question hoarsely.

Kaden glances down at me as we walk. As I see the feline amusement form on his face, I begin to regret even asking him.

"Your bed is hardly large enough for what I plan to do to you," he murmurs. My heart skips a beat.

"Who's fault is that?" I mutter under my breath. Obviously, Kaden hears, as he turns his head to raise an eyebrow at me. I didn't pick out my bed here. He did.

Kaden lifts the red velvet rope for me to slip past. Apparently it is supposed to stop people venturing into his quarters...

As we near his room, nerves buried at the pit of my stomach decide to rise, stretching their arms into every part of my body. I am still not sure what he plans to do, but I can't bring myself to question him.