18. Invited Fall

The picture of Ridha on top.

I dedicate this chapter to my lovely readers Chinadoll1885 Nidhikakarwar for their lovely votes and comments.

Zoya's pov :

"Before I have food tell me something doll, Do I really look like a Carribean Lizard ?" He asked me as he pulled me towards him just inches between us.

Ya Allah what will I do now, he is gonna kill me, help me please.....

Suddenly an idea crossed my mind, it was the advice of my great friend Sano,

If you were into a question you can't answer then bombard them back with a set of questions they can't handle so soon they will give up.

Oh I miss her so much.....

"I think I asked you something?? " he told me again....
Come on Zoya you can. I narrowed my eyes at him and questioned him back.

"So you were eavesdropping..... How can you do that?? He tensed for a second and started "I actua- " but I cut him off. "That too you were listening to two girls, so bad you know. " I told him faking frustration.

"She is a kid... " He told in defence.

"So what she is also a girl can't you see her long black hair? I questioned him again.

I found a tint of amusement in his eyes with that he told me "So what do you mean anybody with long hair is a girl. Fine then come here. " with that he dragged me to the balcony and showed me someone with long black hair tied in a pony tail.

He was a gardener may be in his late fifties, he has got a long big hair. Alright... I know I can be stupid at times.

Anyways I asked him again "Don't change the topic, Did you eavesdrop or not? "

He thought for a second and answered "Can't I hear my wife bantering, I have all rights. " I raised my eyebrows.

" In that case don't I have rights to call my husband a lizard.. "

Soon I realized what I have told him so I looked at the opposite direction sensing the tension in air. He started to come near me but I backed off.

"Ahad..... Thinks are really fast for me, I am, ah.. I am not prepared. " I told him without looking at him.

"Why Zoya? Why can't you accept me as your husband you were about to accept some one else don't you , then why not me? " I could see he is longing for love. But now I really can't.

"That was different, I mean I mentally prepared myself for that but now everything is new to me... You, your parents, your sister everything ..... I need time to settle myself. "

He seems to be thinking for a while and told me "In that case I can give you how much time you want ." That's great I thought to myself.

"But" now what??

"I want us to be friends, let's start from friendship what do you say? " he may be right. So without any hesitation I took his stretched hands .

"Zoya Usmaan Abdhullah" he shook my hands and said " Ahad Yusif Khan but remember now you are Zoya Ahad Khan." Yeah he is right I didn't protest because I'm aware of the fact. So I just smiled and nodded my head.

We stood there in silence, me looking at the flowers in the garden, they are beautiful and I can see them through our balcony. And he..... Asuaual looking at me.