Epilogue

"True love doesn't happen right away; it's an ever-growing process. It develops after you've gone through many ups and downs, when you've suffered together, cried together, laughed together." — Ricardo Montalban

"No matter what trials will come our way, our love, passion for each other is unshakable. Our steadfast love for each other will keep us steady even if the world contradicts." — MsDreamerGirl84

Vicky's POV

I stared at the awards I just received last week, on winning the womenswear designer of the year and International award, for the  Vogue fashion designer competition, and place it gently on the bed. Maybe I'll put it our library later. I continued on unpacking my luggage. I just landed last night from New York for the competition. 

I smiled.

I remember two years ago when it all started ...

"Where are you taking me?" as I clung onto Xandrous' neck, worried I will stumble face first onto the ground, though he never left me until I got into the car with a blindfold. I'm itching to take the blindfold off but I don't want to spoil whatever surprises he prepared for me, on my birthday.

"We are here but you can't take the blindfold, not yet until I say so," he whispered in my ear and he scooped me gently and put me back down on my feet. His one hand holding my forearm while the other resting on the small of my back, leading me somewhere I don't know and my curiosity is increasing, my patience withering. 

"We are close," he whispered again and I nodded, letting out a soft huffed as I let him lead me, stepping carefully not wanting to trip off with my black stiletto. I was wearing a cross-over midnight blue dress with a floor length and completed it with a simple earring and a neutral makeup palette.

"Aright," I answered my heartbeat increasing with excitement.

I heard an opening door and my whole system perked up. He gave me a little soft push inside and I followed. Once we are in which I'm guessing because we stop and then he whispered again in my ears. "Are you ready?" 

I nodded as I smiled. Whatever this surprise is, I'm thrilled.

He stood behind me, I could feel his warm body almost touching my back and I instinctively leaned against his hard chest and take in leisurely his scent, his intoxicating smell that I love so much.

He slowly untangled the blindfold and then pulled it off. I blink multiple times to adjust my vision to the light and I saw my family gathered together in front of us inside the hall which I recognized. "HAPPY BIRTHDAY, VICKY!" they all chorused. I felt the tears brimming in my eyes. They were all smiling at us. When I look on the left, I saw theios Nicolas and his wife, theia Addy, then Nicolai and my sister with Nixon on Nicolai's arms. The twins and Natalia. 

When I looked on the other side, I saw mom's family, theia Gabriella and her husband, my cousins, and dad's sister, theia Brianna and Victoria which were my mom took my name, and her husband, Troy. Then there's Xandrous' family, except Angelika, and Alexandrine smiled at me with Cassie beside him and their daughter Helena. He was wearing his signature smirks as he stared at us and I gave him a smile. I'm glad he's here. Whatever Xandrous did to get him to attend surely involved Cassie.

My dad's friends and some of the siblings were here, too, to my surprise. I can't believe my husband has to do this, but I'm happy. I love big parties.

"Everyone, the birthday celebrant, my wife, Victoria Pallos Mailov!" my husband said and a roared of applause filled the room as they chanted 'happy birthday'.