SIX

❝I shouldn't be jealous

❝I shouldn't be jealous. You aren't even mine.❞

I WAS LAYING in bed, staring at the wall until I heard a knock at my window

I WAS LAYING in bed, staring at the wall until I heard a knock at my window. It's eight in the morning, why the hell would anyone be knocking on my window?

I got up and opened the window to find Sodapop. "Soda, what the hell are you doing here?" I asked, rubbing the sleep out of my eyes.

He chuckled and shot me his infamous movie star smile. "Mind if I come in?"

I raised an eyebrow and motioned towards my bed. "Knock yourself out."

He climbed in the window and sat on my bed while I leaned against the wall. "I wanted to know if you wanted to come to our house? We're playing this game and we wanted to know if you'd like to come."

I shrugged. "Why not? I have nothing to do anyways."

He looked like an excited little kid who just got the present they wanted for Christmas. "Come to our house at seven."

I nodded and before he went back out the window, he turned towards me, shooting me a glance as if to warn me. "Dally is going to be there with Sylvia."

I knitted my eyebrows in confusion. "That two timing broad that has slept with about everyone in the town of Tulsa?"

Soda started laughing. "Yeah, her. I don't know why Dally started to be with her again for no reason, but I just thought I'd warn you."

Once he left, I closed my window, locking it. "Why do I have a feeling I'm going to get in a fight tonight?" I mumbled out loud to myself, shaking my head.

//

I SEARCHED THROUGH my closet and started looking for something to wear since it's an hour until seven. I put on my usual attire and left my hair straight down again, walking into the living room.