Chapter 3

Umber's POV

The glimpse of sunlight I get through the bushes, directly hit me in the face so yeah, I woke up to that.

"Eveni." I look at him.

"Five more minutes." He grumbles. I shake him to wake him up.

"Ah. Alright I'll be out for a few minutes, okay?" I stretch. He nods and turns over falling back to sleep again.

"Where are you off too?" Espen jumps out her little hole and accompanied me out the cave.

"Well, I was just going to scout around to make sure we weren't being spied on.. or anything like that." I replied.

"Oh, well I will come with you." She stood up tall and walked with me.

"Weren't you already?" I whispered.

"What was that?" She turned to me.

"Nothing. Nothing." I smiled at her. She smiled back. I don't like Espeon's, nor do I trust them. I don't even like this one very much. She is to perky, and annoying.

"Umber." I turned to her. And cocked my head to the side.

"Your brother... do you think he will be okay if he.. is away from his dad, and pack?" She looked down, as we continued walking.

"Yeah, I know for a fact that it's good he is away from my dad. He really had no friends.. because everyone was afraid of our dad." I sighed and looked in front of us.

"Don't you have friends?" She looked down too.

"I-I..." The words won't come out of my mouth.. I forgot about him.. hes probably worried sick about me..

"Yeah.. one.." I sit down on the spot. She kinda jumped but sat down too.

"May I ask what his name is?" She said softly. My heart skipped a beat.

"..Reo.." I looked away from her. She scooted closer and laid her head on my chest.

"Does he know where you are?" She said softly again. I growled, pushed her off, in which made her fall onto the floor, and stood up tall.

"OFCOURSE NOT! WHY WOULD YOU EVEN ASK?! AND WHY WERE YOU FLIRTING WITH ME? YOU'RE A STUPID ESPEON, AND I'M AN UMBREON. You are crazy." I turned back to the cave and started walking toward it. From the corner of my eye I saw her eyes tearing up. Who cares?! She deserves that! Getting into my business, and then flirting with me like that! Playing with my emotions!?

I stormed into the cave, woke up Eveni, wrapped up, and grabbed the blanket of food, and stood in front of the entrance. Setting the food down.

"Let's go." I say to Eveni. He is just barely awake.

"What happened?" He yawned and stretched.

"Espen's kicking us out. She was nice enough to allow us to keep the food. She told us we are morons. Who cares, I never liked her to begin with." I lied. About everything I said.

"What?-"

"Just come on, Eveni!" I grabbed the food, and began to walk out. She's probably still over there. I turn around, Eveni is right behind me. I begin to run to where Houndoom is.

Reo's POV ((quickly))

"Umber... ran away?" I look down, shaking, and on the brink of crying.

"Yeah, that good for nothin' snob took Eveni and ran off." And Umbreon in my pack snorted. I tackled him down and growled.

"TAKE THAT BACK! HE IS MY BEST FRIEND AND I WILL NOT LET YOU TREAT HIM LIKE THAT!" I yelled at the top of my lungs. He growled back. We continued that for a few more seconds until a guard pried me off of him.

"FACE IT! HE DIDN'T CARE ABOUT YOU! IF HE DID, HE WOULD HAVE TOLD YOU!" He snarled. By this point I'm crying.

"N-NO! HE DOES! H-He... does.." I looked down. And thought, about everything.. he was like family to me.. all these years.. he does care about me.. he does.

"What, are you gonna go after your little boyfriend?" Three other Umbreon's joined in to laugh.

"Fine... I will... AND I WILL BRING HIM BACK!" I got out of the guards grasp and ran out of pack grounds.

"Now where could he have gone..?" I whisper. Tears flowing behind me.

Espen's POV

He looks like he's about to cry.. maybe i shouldn't have asked about his friend.. he misses him, alot.

I lay my head on his chest and close my eyes. This is how we comfort people in my city.. I hope he knows that.

"Does he know where you are?" I knew that I should not have said that from the moment it slipped out.. all of a sudden I heard a growl.. so I look up, and he pushes me down, onto the floor, I hit my head on a rock, and my ears started ringing, so I only heard a few things from him.

I just about opened my eyes, and I saw him turn around and walk away, my eyes start tearing up because of my head.

"Umber?.." I try to stand up, but I wobble, and fall over again. So I decide to stay down for a few minutes.

Heh, he thought I flirted with him... he called me stupid.. I should've known that an Umbreon's an Umbreon but.. maybe I shouldn't have brought it up.. to be honest I think it's all my fault he got mad at me. I really am stupid, aren't I? Well, I'll just apologize when I get back.. lunch isn't till noon anyway.

I look up and see then sun right in the middle of the sky. It's noon.. I attempt to get up one more time, and succeed. I'll bring him some lunch to say sorry.. yeah. After lunch I'll sneak some down to the cave.. I shake and realize I'm still crying. Well, crap.. I'll just say.. I stubbed my paw or something..

After Lunch

I run to my room with a some berries in a napkin. Look around and make sure no one is looking and shoot down the little hole.

"Hey, Umber! I brought you some berries because I'm an idiot.. no that won't work." I crawl in the hole. Trying to figure out ways to say sorry.

"Hey.. Umber. It was all my fault. I've always been like that.. that's why I don't have much friends.. but you.. WHAT AM I THINKING?! NO! HE WILL THINK IM FLIRTING WITH HIM AGAIN!" I see the little light from the hole and speed up, holding the napkin with my mouth. ((CAUSE THEY HAVE NO THUMBS!)) I close my eyes as I jump into the cave, and smile.

"Hey, guys-" I open my eyes and drop the berries.

"G-guys..?" I look around the cave. The blankets still there.. but not the little blanket with the food.

"N-no.. this.. isn't happening..." I feel warm tears run down my cheeks. My legs start shaking, and I break down onto the floor.

"I'M SO SORRY!" I sniffle, not being able to breathe.. I don't know why but my heart felt like it shattered... everywhere...

"Why did they leave.. I-I am so worthless... and to think.. I actually had friends for once.." I sniffle. Then hear a rustling. I snap out of my trans, jump up, and stand my ground. I look closer, and see an Umbreon.

"Umber..?" I take a step forward.. I hear a voice.. but it's not Umber's..

"So, you know him?" He stepped out. It's a different Umbreon.

"I'm not Umber.. but I'm looking for him.. did you do something to him?!" I take a step back, as he took one forward.

"N-no! Him and I are friends! At least I thought so.. I-Im Espen." I looked down. I heard him take a step forward.

"I didn't suspect you too, he's my friend too." I look up, he is smiling at me.

"I'm Reo, nice to meet you."