10

Chapter Ten

I stared at him with blank eyes, searching his face for a sign that gave him away and that told me he was totally joking and that I really wouldn't be getting a job because he wouldn't torture me like that.

          But I didn't find a single trace of amusement. Therefore, he wasn't joking. Therefore, he was being serious. Therefore, I was actually getting a job.

          I immediately began regretting the decision to even allow Logan to help me with this plan of his.

          A job that required me to interact with people I had never met before was big no-no. I mean, yes, I had become friends with Logan, who I hadn't known before, but he was just that kind of person. It was easy with him.

          As I was about to ask him what kind of job he was talking about, a smug smile stretched across his lips. "As much as I would love to sit here and let you stare at me," he pulled out his phone and unlocked it, looking at the screen, "class is about to start, so we should get going."

          I narrowed my eyes at him. How dare he joke around at a time like this.

         We both stood up from the booth and took our wrappers and unfinished food to the trash bin next to the entrance. As we made our way to the car, Logan walked towards the passenger side. Frowning in confusion, I was about to ask what he was doing when he reached to grab the door handle and pulled it open. It took me a couple of seconds to realize he was holding it open for me.

          To my embarrassment, I felt my cheeks flush. "Oh, thanks."

          He looked down at me and smiled, closing the door as I got in. He made his way around the car and climbed into the driver's seat. Starting the ignition, he looked over his shoulder and pulled out of the parking space safely.

          As we drove, Logan hummed and tapped his fingers to the rhythm on the steering wheel along to She Will Be Loved as it played softly on the radio. I found myself smiling at the sight.

          "So, um," I spoke suddenly, causing Logan to glance at me from the corner of his eye. "What kind of job were you talking about?"

           He smiled mischievously. "That's a secret for me to know and for you to find out later."

           "What? You're not going to tell me?" I said turning to look at him exasperatedly.

          "Nope." He replied, popping the p.

          I looked away from him and slumped in my seat. I was already feeling unseasy about agreeing to get this stupid job, and now I couldn't even know what I was going to be doing!

          I think I might throw-up. I swallowed and took deep breaths.

          "Uh, you know, I-I don't know.." I said shakily.

          "Just trust me on this."

          "Fine," I said uneasily. "But can you at least tell me where I'm going to be working?"

          "If I tell you, it wouldn't really be a secret, now would it?" Logan said as-a-matter-of-fact-ly. I glared at his profile.

          He glanced at me and smirked. "Well, that's a pretty face."

          We arrived on campus a few minutes later. Logan and I seperated ways and walked to our next class. When I strolled into the classroom, everyone was sitting with their friends, talking and laughing, waiting for class to begin.