Cosmo's and Crop tops

"What do you mean 'he left'?!" Elliot exclaimed as I explained to the group why Stefan wouldn't be Joining us for the party. After our talk, Stefan left and I decided that maybe there was a chance that Seth had some type of underlying feelings. I was pretty sure that what I was feeling was a two way street. 

"I mean 'he left', you cretin" I shrugged looking over at Seth who was flat out staring at me. He wasn't even making any move to conceal it. He was watching me with his soft green eyes, a question in them, and I yearned to answer it. 

"We weren't working out" I amended with a sigh, "we were on two completely different wavelengths" 

I looked over at Seth hoping to notice a change in his demeanor or even a sign that this news had registered but he just continued like I hadn't even spoken. 

"What are you staring at?" I finally snapped. 

"Either you don't own a mirror or your make out session with Stefan totally messed up your lipstick" Seth said with a chortle. 

"Oh" I mumbled wiping at my face.

"This is why you use a lip stain, honey" Talia stage whispered.

"Yeah, Trish" Seth nodded, "maybe impromptu make out sessions just aren't your thing" 

"Excuse me?" I asked confused by his statement.

"I mean, look at you Trish. Your not exactly the poster child for kissing or anything like that, your a smarticle. It was probably new to you or something" Seth concluded.

"New to me?" I raised an eyebrow, “you think kissing is new to me?" 

"Not the concept. The action" Seth said simply. Talia let out a dry cough and I stood there feeling like an absolute idiot. 

"Your like the cute little librarian who hushes people for talking or kicks people out for having water near the books" I didn't even falter at his use of 'cute', I was simply fuming at what he really thought of me. A librarian? Really? 

"Thanks" I nodded softly, "I'm going to get ready" with that I made my way up the stairs. 

"Wait what did I say?" Seth asked confused at my demeanour. 

"Maybe it's because you kind of in an odd way told her that she wasn't kissing material?" Talia sighed.

"Huh?" I heard Seth ask , "wait no! That's not what I meant....oh God" 

Jerk. 

I got up to my room and slammed the door. I was totally kissing material! All of my boyfriends agreed....okay both of them. Even though I hadn't kissed that many guys, three to be exact, I knew that I was a pretty good at it. I apologize if I didn't go around kissing any and every guy in sight. 

Seth wanted to see kissing material? Well that's what he was going to get. Yes, ladies and gentleman; I was busting out the crop top. 

I yanked my closet open and rummaged around till I found one of three crop tops I owned, which was usually used for pairing under humongous cardigans and high waisted jeans. I paired it with a red body con skirt that hugged my curves and threw a loose white cardigan over top. It still showed skin but not enough to make me feel exposed or too against my morals of dress code. I found my floral doc martens and threw them on before admiring myself in my full length mirror. Very Brandy Melville. 

I then turned to my hair and makeup. I put on a light coat of tinted moisturizer, concealer, mascara, and lined my lids with a soft black eyeliner before perfecting the look with a matte plum coloured lipstick. For my hair, I yanked it out of its ponytail holder and ran my straightener threw it, making it sleek and shiny. Once I was done I ran through a cloud of my favourite body spray and smiled inwardly. I never had excuses for actually going full out with my outfits but today I did and boy was I excited. 

"Trish! Are you done yet?!" Elliot hollered from down the stairs.

"Coming!" I grumbled grabbing my small purse full of gum, my phone, sanitizer, and a travel size body spray. 

"Ready" I said running down the stairs. Three pairs of eyes stared at me, shocked. 

"Who are you?" Talia asked.

"Where are the chinos?" Elliot muttered eyes wide. 

"I'm Trish. And they are in my closet" I said answering each question easily. 

"Dude, you have a belly button!" Talia exclaimed, "you look hot" 

"Yeah, you actually look kind of ok" Elliot shrugged. Coming from Elliot, that meant I was next level beautiful. I turned to Seth and saw his dark eyes trail up the length of me.

"We all set?" He asked the group, his eyes still focused on me. 

"Yeah bro" Elliot sang calling shotgun. We all headed for the door, me and Seth behind the rest.

"What I said before...." 

"I know, you suck with delivery" I nodded, "I'm not hurt. Don't worry"

"I just don't want you changing because of me" Seth said cockily.

"Changing?" I asked incredulous, "Let's get one thing clear, Seth. I don't change for anybody, I dress the way I dress because I feel like it. The chinos? I felt like it. The pleated skirts? I feel like it. The crop top? I'm feeling it. The things you say will never hold any weight factor in regards to the way I dress or regard myself. I'm a confident woman who has the right to dress whichever way she feels, whenever she feels. So don't stand there and tell me you don't want me changing because of you. Your the last thing on my mind" 

Talia and Elliot turned to stare at me.

"That a girl!" Talia grinned. I smiled despite myself and rolled my eyes at Seth, who had a weird look in his face.

"C'mon Tals, I'm ready to get my party on" I hollered grabbing onto Talia. She laughed and looked at me.

"Don't you ever say that again"

.....,.,.

"K get out" Elliot mumbled as Seth pulled the car to a stop in front of a...wait why were we at....

"a club?!?" I choked out. 

"Yeah, didn't Seth tell you?" Talia wondered. Seth turned to me from the front seat and grinned slightly.

"OH EM GEE, it must've slipped my mind"

"I’ve never been to one of these before. What if they deny my entry or i..." I cut myself off mulling over the possible problems that could arise when i noticed the look of satisfaction on Seth's face. He looked....satisfied, almost happy. For whatever reason, I wasn’t sure what,  but he didn’t want me going in.