Chapter 18

This won't be that good of a chapter, but I just wanted to get something up for you guys. However, things will start heating up more soon! Thanks for your reads, votes, and comments, and hope you enjoy!

Jennifer's POV -

The next day, I notice Draco isn't at any of our classes, and almost immediately, a spark of curiously ignites in me.

By the hour of lunch, I have finally gathered the courage to ask Marcus Flint where he is today.

I sit down across from nervously, fidgeting with my hands and refusing to meet his confused gaze.

"Um-where is Draco today?" I mumble quietly, and at this, Flint looks to Goyle and wiggles his eyebrow, to which Goyle chuckles. I rest my face in my palm to hide the blush appearing on my cheeks.

"You really didn't hear?" Flint asks mischievously.

"What?" I ask, tilting my head in confusion. What could he possibly be talking about?

"Blaise and Draco got into a fight last night. They're both in the hospital wing." He finishes, a smirk tugging at his lips.

What the hell? I quickly gather my things together and stand up. "'Scuse me." I say quietly, and quickly walk away.

I have no idea where the hospital wing is, so it takes me a bit of time to find it. All the while, hundreds of questions are spiraling through my head.

Who started this? What was it about? How bad are their injuries?

I run a hand through my hair, a ball of stress growing in the pit of my stomach, when I stumble upon what appears to be the hospital wing.

I press one hand against the doors and shove them open, flying through them. I scan the room, anticipating what I might see. When my eyes find Draco, I'm slightly horrified.

I can't even recognize his damn face under all of the cuts and bruises. Speechless, I rush over to his bedside.

"What has happened? You got in a fight?" I ask, slowly looking him over.

"Mm." He nods, propping himself up on his elbows.

"Gosh, you look terrible." I exclaim, once I'm done reviewing his injuries. Anger for Blaise ignites somewhere within me.

"I'm fine." He says, gazing at me.

"Like hell you're-" I start to say, but he cuts me off.

"Don't worry about me, really." He says, and his words are accented with injury. He then reaches one of his hands out, taking a strand of my hair between his fingers. I am very surprised, too surprised to respond, and I can't help notice his bruised knuckles. I choose not to remove his hand.

"How long will you be here?" I ask quietly, scared to hear the answer.

He sighs. "I don't really know. Hopefully not long." I nod my head in agreement, and glance at the clock.

"Well...I need to go to Herbology now." I say in disappointment, the words slowly dragging out of my mouth. I wish I could stay here the whole day with him.