She Was Here

I wanna say I lived
each day until I die
Knew I was something
that meant something
In somebodies life
When I leave this world
I'll leave no regrets
Leave something to
Remember so they
Won't forget...I
Was here...I lived
I loved..I was here
I did I've done
Everything that I
Wanted it and it
Was more than I
thought it would be
I will leave my mark
So everyone can know
I was here

I laid there on that hospital bed, one tear after another sliding down my cheeks. I felt as if all the air was being sucked out of me. She was gone. My baby girl was gone...my princess. This is the worst possible feeling, I wouldn't wish it on my worst enemy.

Chris' face was damp with tears also. Five long months I've been carrying this bundle of joy and to have her be taken away from me like that is mind boggling....how?....why?

Chris came and wrapped his arms around me tightly. I sobbed into his chest. Even though this was his daughter too, I felt like it was harder on me. I carried her for five months!And she's being snatched from me just like that.

Chris laid in the hospital bed, rubbing my head. It was quiet, neither one of us could speak. It was too much to take in. I laid in my misery, Chris would frequently try to cheer me up but it wasn't working.

"Baby, I know this is hard on you. I feel it...she was my daughter too but I need you to talk to me. I hate to see you like this. I know it's gonna take some time... a few months maybe but we both can't just mope around. Baby this is hard on us both. I just need to see you smile babe..can you do that for me?"

I tried but it wouldn't form. It was impossible at this point. He sighed

"I love you." He said, kissing my forehead and leaving the room to go get something to eat from the cafeteria downstairs. I love Chris so much. He's always coming to the rescue. He's my superman but I'm afraid he can't rescue me from this pain.