7

I woke up after a few hours when Bruce came back, but he had some kind of leash with him.

I wasn't sure how that would work.

I stood up as he walked over, he held out his hand to me.

I sniffed it before rubbing my face on his shoulder with a purr sounding grumble.

He leaned to the base of my neck where the collar was and took out a key and unlocked the chain that was on the wall from my collar.

I watched as it fell on the floor, giving a happy chatter as I stretched my neck, happy to be free of the extra weight.

I stood at my full height and looked down at Bruce who was staring up at me in almost awe.

Steve walked in and seemed to do a double take.

He carefully approached, running a hand along my side taking the leash from Bruce.

He clipped it onto the collar and I lowered my head to look at him.

"Go ahead to the lab Bruce. We'll be there in a moment,".

Bruce nodded his head before walking out the door.

Steve put a hand on my neck, "Let's go check you over," he told me quietly before he started walking over to the door with the end of the chain leash in his hand.

Opening the door he stepped out and gestured for me to follow.

I nervously shifted from foot to foot, standing in the doorway.

He seemed to sense my unease because he walked back in the doorway and reached a hand up on my bottom jaw.

I flinched.

He took a few steps back to where he had been, gesturing for me to follow.

Uneasily, I obeyed and came to linger behind him.

Steve started walking down the empty halls, chain in hand with me following behind him.

He opened another door before walking in.

I, not wanting to be left alone, followed him quietly.

Steve closed the door behind me before he walked over to Bruce who was messing around with a holographic screen.

"Put it over there and we can start,".