Chapter 16

Ash's POV

I sat in my car, breathing deeply. I had just arrived at the park, and was scanning it to see if James was anywhere to be seen. My breath hitched when I saw him. He was sitting on a bench, looking down at the ground.

I watched as he glanced at his phone, most likely checking the time. He probably thought I wasn't coming... I slowly got out, and strode over to him.

James looked up, and his eyes widened. "I didn't think you'd come."

I smiled just a tiny bit... Just a tiny bit. "Well, here I am."

"Uh... Please sit," he said.

I sighed softly and down, keeping a fair distance between us.

"My mom," James started. "She finds out all the rumors at school, and I knew she would question me about me dating a guy. I broke up with you to keep you safe. Now my mom did ask about the rumor, and I said that it wasn't true. Thankfully, she believed me. I called you a fag yesterday because she was there. She smiled at that. Smiled! After that, I realized I went to far, and here we are..."

I groaned, "I totally forgot about your mom."

"Why'd you tell everyone?" James asked.

"I didn't," I looked away. "I told Isaiah."

James rose an eyebrow. "Well, why did he tell the whole fucking school. Did you at least tell him to keep it a secret?"

"Calm down, okay?"

He nodded, "Sorry."

"He told everyone because he thinks you're not good enough for me. He said you broke up with me, because you're ashamed of me," I explained.

"I'm not good enough for you. You deserve someone better. Someone who's not me," James muttered.

"That's not true," I said. "Don't think that."

He sighed, "And I'm not ashamed of you. It's just my mom, you know?"

"I know," I whispered, looking him in the eye.

"Will you be my boyfriend again?" He blurted out.

"Yeah."

We leaned in slowly, but I stopped him.

"We're in public," I said. "You don't want to risk it."

James pouted, "I really want to kiss you, though."

"You will. Just not now." I stood up.

James stood up as well. "Wanna get some icecream?"

"Sure," I nodded and started walking to my car, James following.

"Do you want to go to a specific icecream place, or do you not care?" I asked.

James shrugged, "I don't care. I just want icecream."

"Okay," I chuckled.

I unlocked my car, and opened the door for James.

"Why, thank you," he smirked.

I rolled my eyes, and then walked over to the other side. I got in, and started driving away. I decided that we would go to Coldstone because they have really good icecream. I parked in the parking lot, and slid out.

"Oh, I love Coldstone!" James grinned, getting out as well.

"Good."

James was so cute sometimes. The other times, he's hot...