(31) Dumb

Hi yo peeeeeeps!

Are you enjoying the cliffhangers so far?

AND, I HAVE GREAT NEWS!

I've changed Chapter 29's author's note since... I'M NOT TAKING A BREAK FROM WRITING THE "THE SUIT" SERIES!

I just can't. This series is like, my own signature. The Suit is my jam.

Although, unfortunately, Easton's book is deleted... too...

Thank you for everything!

Enjoy 😊

~-~

"Why would he be jealous of him in the first place?" Beth asked me indecorously.

"Damn! And here I thought that he was dumb." Dean laughed while jabbing a thumb towards Charlie.

Wha-?

"Excuse me?" Charlie glared at him as I gawk and ask, "Did you just call me dumb?"

"Nope." He shook his head, "You implied it."

Charlie clenched his fists and stood up, "Hey fucker-"

"CHARLIE!" Everyone shouted, including me.

"Language!" I screamed, pinching his wrist.

Pinching has been a ritual with the Langston's, that was implemented by Charlie's mother, Chloe Langston.

Charlie's head faced mine, "But he called you dumb-!"

He did call me dumb.

"Last warning, Charlie. Sit the fudge down." I muttered, pulling him by his arm to sit down.

"Sorry Beth..." I muttered awkwardly.

"It's fine." She shrugged, taking a spoonful of the beef stew she made.

"So why be jealous of me?" Dean asked, smirking with humor written on his face.

Charlie scoffed, "I'm not jealous of you-"

"Liars aren't allowed in my house," Beth told him, making me muffle a laugh.

"-Because." He ended with a poker face.

"Because?" Dean asked him, "Really?"

"I'm telling the reason why, when I'm alone with her."

"Fair enough." They shrugged.

"Whatever the reason is Charlie, you can tell it with them. They're amazing people."

"Idiot." Dean snorted, making me glare at him with daggers.

As much as I would love to skin this person alive, I won't. But it seems Charlie does. "I warned you the last time-"

"AND I SAID SIT DOWN!" Beth shouted, "This is my house and my place. Sit down."

I stood up and walked towards Charlie's place. "Let's go."

It seems as if everyone in the room was shocked by my actions. Beth, who was once frowning at Charlie, is now gawking at me. "Wha-?" She asked, "You're at his side?"

I shrugged, "He's my best friend, Beth." I took Charlie's hand and smiled, "Besides, Dean calling me dumb-"

Dean butted in, "-YOU IMPLIED IT-"

"-or making me imply that I'm dumb, is not the best way to describe your best friend." I smiled at her, "I think I understand his place." I grinned at her, "Thank you. But I'll take the rest from here."

She nodded understandingly. "Sure." She smiled, "You want to bring home some stew?"

I looked at Charlie and he nodded at me. I faced her and grinned, "Yes please." She stood up and went to the kitchen.

"For the record, I didn't call you dumb," Dean muttered, walking towards me.

"For the record, I haven't knocked you out," Charlie growled out, clenching his fists in front of his chest.

"For the record, I'm still talking with you." I glared at him, "If anyone's doing any knocking off here, that would be me doing that to your attitude."

"Sorry," Charlie muttered sheepishly.

"Right, I implied it," I answered Dean sarcastically, with matching eye roll.

"Shut up." He chuckled, opening his arms. "Show me some love."

I was about to hug him when I heard Charlie growling like a dog. What's up with him?

"Nah, no thanks." I brushed him off and silently thanked Beth when she walked back with plastic in her hand. "That's her job."

"If you say so." Dean shrugged, hugging from behind her.

"Here." She handed me the plastic, "I hope all your answers will be answered."

"You and me, both," I said as I grab the plastic and turn around. "See you on Monday, Beth." I glanced at the loving couple, "Don't be late!"

I and Charlie exited her house and went straight to his car.

Closing Charlie's passenger seat door, I gently put down the stew Beth wrapped up and waited for Charlie to enter the car.

"Where are we going?"

"Home," I answered him, resting my head on the back and closed my eyes.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

○○○○○○○○○○●○●●●●●●●●●●●●○●○○○○○○○○○○○○●○●●●●●●●●●

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

End of chapter.

.

.

.

.

Love you guys 😊😀

○○○○○○○○○○●○●●●●●●●●●●●●○●○○○○○○○○○○○○●○●●●●●●●●●