VIDEO Q&A for The Class Reject: A Pariah in Purgatory

*SPOILER ALERT*

I'm posting the Q&A for the second novel here since this story is featured (for traffic purposes). Please go to my profile to read the this story (book II) if you've just finished The Class Reject: A Damsel in Disguise (Book  I)

SO IF YOU HAVEN'T FINISHED THE FIRST AND SECOND BOOK, GET OFF THIS PAGE RIGHT NOW!!!!!

IF YOU HAVE, WATCH THE VIDEO Q&A AND READ THE WRITTEN Q&A BELOW

*

*

*

*

*

*

*

Here is the video Q&A!

I'll be answering some more questions in a little bit (most likely in written format), but here are the ones that were on the conversations page. My apologies if I missed anyone.

I won't lie, it will probably be another week (or weeks) until I have time to answer more questions/put a couple chapters of the third book, but please continue to PM me with things you are curious about/want to see in the third and last novel. Thanks again so much for reading!

If you don't have time to watch the video Q&A, I'll take the liberty to answer some questions that are worth answering:

Q: WHEN THE F&*^ DO WE GET TO KNOW WHAT THE INCIDENT IS?!?!

A: I plan on the third novel being the last, but it will be really long, like almost double the length of the first book. So you'll find out somewhere in the third book. You honestly know quite a bit of it. There are just 2-3 elements that you have to be paying close attention to to see coming. :)

Q: IS PENELOPE A LESBIAN? IS MIREN A LESBIAN?

A: I'm obviously not going to tell you, but one thing to keep in mind is 1) Chara may or may not be on to something. She only read a couple pages of the journal, and she was drunk while making these conclusions 2) Sexual orientation can be fluid, so you never know if either of them are just bisexual, if one or the other might be lesbians that just so happen to like Parker enough to go straight for him. To stop punishing you, I think it's pretty obvious that there was some love between Penelope and Miren at one point, whether it was romantic or sisterly. But naturally, someone got in the way of that. And that someone may or may not be Parker.

P.S It probably isn't Parker

P.S.S. It's probably Jemma

P.S.S. Or maybe anyone.

Q: Will Miren and Jeno get together in the end? Why does Miren still have feelings for Parker?

A: Like I said in the video, Miren has a lot of hesitation because she hasn't been able to trust people. So even though Jeno is important to her, she is highly skeptical of him and his decision to not expose Theodora sort of confirms these reservations she has. So a lot of it rests on her. She is attracted to him. Could have even had a normal relationship with him if things were even sort of normal. But Jeno likes her more than she does, and it may get frustrating when he is also a loner by nature and when she does some pretty messed up things in the next novel. ;)

I think a lot of Miren's feelings come from the fact that Parker is charming and charismatic. He's like an attractive celebrity, so it is fair to say that her feelings would be superficial if Parker didn't have feelings for her. Despite the fact that he neglected her, he sort of had a reason (ex. parental expectations, him losing his scholarship). And the fact that she lied about being dead for months now and he's still trying to preserve her memory for the better would make any girl like him.

Q: Which characters do you identify the most with? (alliedreemurr - sorry, I made the video before I saw your question!)

A: Miren to me is an extension of myself, specifically the analytical/academic, sharp and dry part of me, and I love how layered she is as a person. She can be oversensitive. She can also be mean and brutal, and doesn't hide how she feels (even though she won't tell anyone about the Incident lol), and is very self-efficient. I like Jeno a lot because he's sort of built in the image of how I feel more guys should be (they don't take their masculinity too seriously, aren't easily intimidated, want to protect but aren't too overbearing , and he genuinely cares even though he's telling it like it is). Like I find it interesting how many people I ask are torn between if Miren has a right to be mad at Jeno for not wanting to turn in Theodora, which is just an example of how hard I worked to make these characters dynamic, you know? Like you can see why each person responded the way they did - there was no good/bad response.

Moving on, Olive is a badass but might be too eager, Chara/Wallace/Jemma/Parker are cool, but I want to flesh them out a bit more, and Penelope is interesting in the sense that you hate her but you don't hate her. Long story short, I think I personally relate the most to Artemis. I'm the sort of person who is incredibly empathetic, and has the tendency to want to help even if the situation has nothing to do with me. Artemis really could have stayed out of everything (she had no true obligation to help, even if she had witnessed Miren's bullying), but she did. And ironically, instead of feeling like a hero (which is why I think most people want to help others, to pat themselves on the back after doing good), she realised that she might have been a villain in all of this. I'm ranting, but I think I'm trying to say that it is a power thing to put yourself in an uncomfortable situation knowing there isn't light at the end of the tunnel.

So yeah, I love all of my characters. Too bad something bad things are going to happen to them...

Again, any and all suggestions for the next book are welcome. Please sit tight, medical school is difficult, and I as I write this post I'm supposed to be studying the thoracoacromial artery and it's branches (sounds easy right?). Thanks again for your support, and I hope I get to talk to you guys soon. :)