Chapter 16: Cat Fights Have Nothing On How Girls Fight

UNEDITED

"You look like you are going to faint." Jake informs me on Monday morning.

"Jeez Hi to you too." I snap at him as I sit on the seat near the kitchen counter and lay my head down.

So maybe I wasn't in the best mood this morning. I had spent the entirety of yesterday moping around and doing Math. Wow Clara way to spend a Sunday. This morning I would have probably not even got out of bed if it hadn't been for Alec.

I was blissfully sleeping when the curtains were thrown open. At first I thought I was being abducted by aliens. I mean who could have thought that the sunlight would be so bright? But as soon as I realized that wasn't the case and I saw Alec looking at me I was actually kind of disappointed. Looking back at how I first reacted when Alec had come into my room two weeks ago was kind of hilarious.

"Lemme sleep." I groan. Hilarious

"Get up Clara." He said his voice sounding like he was trying hard not to laugh.

After a lot of lazying around I finally got up and Alec gave me a prize winning smile. I had to admit that it was worth getting up after that. But that's where my morning went to hell.

As you guys know I haven't been the best when it comes to co ordination. So when I enter my bathroom I stub my toe hard on the sinks marble base. After two minutes of hopping around on foot I finally went for a bath. Only to find out that the water was ice cold.

I tried to find heater everywhere but then found out that it was centrally heated and as of now the setting were cold. What the hell does Jake dream about at night? You know what I don't even want to know. Thinking about it makes me want to puke.

So after my bath, I wasn't in a very good and that's when the head ache started. It was like there was a party in my head that I wasn't invited too. All I got was the hangover.

So I trudge my way down to kitchen finding Jake looking happy as ever and so bloody bright and Alec was also like that. Sometimes it really creeps me out just how similar and yet different the two are.

"Stop looking so happy." I grumble, "It's a Monday morning you are supposed to look depressed and sad. "

"I actually love Monday mornings."

I eye him carefully. Okay that's not normal even for Jake. In fact as far as I can remember in camp he was just as bad a morning person as me.

"Jake, whatever you have done or about to do just stop." I say, "Honestly if you are going to have a cold shower then have the courtesy to turn the heater back on. And I swear to god if I find any CDs lying around-"

"Stop assuming things." He says cutting me off, "Besides why do you assuming that I was the one who turned the heater off. Golden Boy may not be as cut out innocent as he seems to be."

I roll my eyes just as Alec comes down.

Unlike Jake, Alec had always been a morning person so he looked as if he was ready to catch anything that was thrown at him.

"Hi Clara." He says happily as he sits next to me and then turns his attention to Jake who is currently eating a peanut butter and jelly sandwich.

Damn. I want a peanut butter and Jelly sandwich.

I must have said that out loud because he hands me one that is lying on the plate next to him.

"What's with all the mess." Alec asks, "It looks like this place was hit by an earthquake."

"Otherwise known as Jake." I say between bites.

Jake gives Alec a smirk.

"By the time you understand the reason for this mess you are going to thank me." He says.