THE REASON WHY

Wednesday 3rd February 2016

DAWSON'S POV

I decided to stay at the Reeds house, not being able to cope with school or home. Tyler fought with Ella but she won and he had to go to school. When I woke early from another memory, well I think it was.

I must have been older than my last memory dream about ten, possibly a little older. I was sat outside in the backyard. We'd have a swimming pool, I had my bare feet over the edge and I was swinging them.

I was playing with the white soft strings of my bright pink shorts, the weather was finally really warm for once and I was soaking it all up before it disappeared for the year. Mum put tons of sunscreen on me so I don't burn.

The air smelled of the flower's I got mum to buy from the supermarket. They look and smelled beautiful just behind me, the clouds looked like smudges of white painted across the baby blue sky, I put on a soft mix of music in the background.

Then a felt someone scream my name so loud and because I was sat right at the edge of the pool edge, I jumped sky high and fell into the water making a large splash noise, scraping my back on the wall.

I came up choking on water, my dad was stood at the edge grinning at me. ''Dad!'' I yelled as I make my way out of the water. I put my hand to my back, that tingled and moved my hand to check my hand, it had blood coated over it and I feel dizzy and stumbled as dad caught me.

He looked so bad for what he had done, but all I saw was the blood and I felt like I was back in the water drowning. I didn't realise that I was screaming, ''get it off.'' Rapidly and mum came rushing out.

I guess that when I realised I didn't like blood, I hoped I didn't freak out the others that bad yesterday and went to the bathroom afterwards, getting my clothes that were lay at the side of me. I went into the kitchen. Mandy was making breakfast at the stove. I told her I wanted to help.

''Sure dear, if you want to whip up the beater and the eggs.'' I nod getting the equipment from where she told me it was and we started to cook.

I felt so guilty, I left Leo alone after I promised myself I would guard him with my life and I messed that up.

Mandy rubbed my shoulder knowing I was battling with myself and I gave her a slightest raise of my lips, she was dressed in a clean, pretty suit and she must of saw the look of confusion on my face because she then laughed, ''I'm a lawyer Dawson.''

I stopped what I was doing and took her in, ''are you sure, don't take this wrong but you're too nice to be a lawyer.'' She let out a roar of giggling.

''Don't be getting mixed up with them movies and tv shows that play, plus I can be mean if I want to.'' She winks and we both laughed as everyone slowly started to come down in their uniforms. Jake came down first in a suit and I asked him where he works?

'I work at the hospital.' I nod impressed at the couple. Then he shouted up for Luke and Declan because he was dropping them off at college before going to work. I gave Luke a hug and said bye to everyone, Mandy was about to leave when Colton came into the room, stopping short when he saw me, he rubbed his head and gives me a soft smile, making me feel dizzy.

At least I was sat down now, he was in his pyjamas from last night.

'Well... I'll see you two later.' Mandy announced as Colton sits at the table ahead of me and takes the leftovers that were left, we both say bye.

After we heard the door shut Colton questioned me, ''So, why did you go into the water?'' I frown as he takes a bit of he's pancakes, not knowing how to answer, ''What do you mean?''