I Have What Now? (Jaime Lannister x fem!reader)

"I don't understand, Jaime. You've only just returned!" Cersei cried to her brother. It was true that Jaime had only just gotten back to King's Landing after being held captive by Catelyn Stark. However, a raven had arrived with some distressing news that Jaime had to attend to. "I am aware, Cersei but this cannot wait. I shall return again soon," he said, grabbing his sword and heading out to the stables.

Jaime read and reread the message at least a dozen more times as he rode. It was from a woman he scarcely remembered. A woman he had bedded just over 12 moons before. According to her message, she was very ill and requested that he come to see her as part of her dying wish. There was simply no way Jaime could ignore anyone's dying request.

The Lannister rode as quickly as he could to the location the woman told him she would be, but by the time he arrived the woman was already dead. Jaime hung his head, upset he could not make it in time. A squalling called Jaime's attention to the other side of the room. In a bassinet, there was a crying babe. You. Unsure of what to do, Jaime turned back to your mother. It was only then that he noticed a crumbled note in her hands. He gently took the note and read it. His mouth fell open in shock.

Ser Jaime Lannister,

I am aware that you probably do not remember me, but I certainly remember you. I am dying or I am already dead, Jaime and it is my dying wish that you should know that you have a daughter. Her name is Y/N. She needs someone to look out for her now. If you cannot, I beg you to find someone who can.

Y/M/N

Jaime closed his mouth and looked back to you. You had stopped crying. Jaime stepped back over to the bassinet and gazed down at you. He saw your green eyes. Eyes that could only be Lannister eyes. Jaime bent down and picked you up. Your tiny arms were flailing, but you were quiet for the most part. The moment Jaime had you cradled in his arms, he was in love. It's true that he had Myrcella, but you were the first of his children that he had been able to hold this way. The first of his children he could actually claim, bastard or no. "Come, little one. You're safe now."

Jaime decided to raise you himself, much to his sister's dismay. Jaime was released from his vows and made Lord of Casterly Rock. You grew up a lovely young woman with flowing (h/c) hair and striking Lannister green eyes. Jaime doted on you and made certain you never wanted for anything. He was determined that you did not grow up to become like him or Cersei. He wanted you to be good and good you were. In the end, you became the most loved Lady Lannister of all time.

g m>