22. What's Trust?

Present

If I could describe in one word how I was feeling right now it would be numb. It was like I was here at the same time my mind was racing from the fact that I shot someone, to my best friend being unconscious on the floor, and to seeing Elijah here, I had a lot of questions on my mind that I didn't even know where to start, who to trust and who to believe.

I opened my eyes getting out of Elijah's embrace running towards Carters workers who was carrying London lifeless body out the room. "London!" I cried checking for her pulse panicking when I didn't feel one.

"no, please London don't leave me please I need you," I yelled shaking her putting my ear on her Chest trying to hear her heartbeat "please wake up" I cried out more letting the tears fall down.

I felt someone wrap their arms around my waist piling me away from London as I screamed and kick trying to crawl back to her. "No she can't be gone, let me go, we got to help her"

The person held me tighter dragging me from London completely "Aye calm down alright"

I looked at him with tears in my eyes " I I can't feel her fucking pulse and you want me to calm down how bout you fucking help her" I yelled trying to push the person away from me.

He clenched his jaw "we gon help her when you calm down alright." I reluctantly nodded taking a deep breath calming myself down.

I took a quick glance at Elijah (king) who had his jaw clenched the whole time looking like a ticking bomb ready to explode

He turned his head catching me looking at him. I quickly look down scared of how mad he was.

I look back up when he started laughing like something was funny. My face scrunched up In confusion was he laughing at me, or did he find the fact my best friend being unconscious funny.

He looked around shaking his head in disbelief then cocking his gun toward the boss who's name was Carter "yo Carter" he hollered making Carter turned his head towards him when he heard his name.

It was like they were having a staring contest, none of them move for a minute till Carter raised his eyebrows at Elijah "What's good"

"Fuck is going on? You Trynna set me up" He asked.

I watched as the man name Carter walk towards Elijah Like he didn't care he was aiming a gun at him "Set you up with what? A nigga is lost ass fuck just like you is" he spoke through gritted teeth.

I gasped when Elijah walked even closer making his gun touch carters forehead "What's the real reason why you called me to meet you up in this bando?" Elijah question again getting ready to shoot

Everyone was anticipating for what was going to happened including me till kai'jai rushed in standing in between both of them "how bout y'all niggas chill" he said pushing both of them back.

"Nah, somebody better start fucking talking now "  Elijah voice rang in the room still aiming his gun.

My eyes was wide from how muderous he sounded. Everybody felt the tension in the room,

"Alright, just chill, we gon talk about this in the meeting room"

Elijah shook his head no " imma chill when somebody start talking,other than that I on't wanna  hear none of that shit"