Two: Hot Stuff

"Come on, Sophia! We gotta go!" I called from the kitchen.

Sophia, as usual, was taking forever to get ready for school. I don't know why it always takes her so long. It's not like she has to put on make-up or impress anyone at school.

She finally came running out of her room wearing purple leggings and a blue dress. Her blonde hair was pulled into a ponytail and her pink sketchers lit up every time he stepped.

"What's for breakfast?" She asked me, sitting on the couch.

"Well, since you took so long getting ready, you have to eat in the car," I told her, grabbing my coffee and a pop tart for Sophia.

"Okay." She shrugged. She grabbed her book bag and ran to the door.

We left the apartment and I locked the door behind us. The bar let me have last night off to get settled in so I actually got a decent amount of sleep.

Once we hopped in my car to drop Sophia off, she asked, "Can we play music, please?" As she munched on her pop tart.

I put in a Kidz Bop CD and turned it up so she could hear. The kids on the CD were singing Shake it Off by Taylor Swift.

When I looked in the rearview mirror, I could see Sophia jamming out to the song. She loved Taylor Swift.

After five minutes of remixed songs, we pulled into the preschool parking lot at exactly 7:30. I unbuckled my seat belt and walked around the car to Sophia's side.

When she hopped out I picked her up into a hug. "I loooooove you," I told her.

"And I loooooove you too, Mommy." She said, squeezing my neck in a hug.

I sat her down and she ran towards the front doors of her school. She turned as she ran and waved bye to me. I waved back and watched her disappear into the school building.

I hopped back in my car and drove the fifteen minutes to the university. Now I get to endure a whole day learning business management. It's not my first choice, but it's definitely more reliable than other majors.

My last class got out two hours before Sophia's pre-school. I decided to go home and continue unpacking before Sky came over to watch Sophia for the night.

I stepped off the elevator to see Mr. Rude stepping out of his apartment. Hoping he wouldn't acknowledge me, I walked up to my apartment and pulled my key out.

"Hey." The male voice spoke, breaking the silence.

I looked over my shoulder and said "Hi." I continued to mess with the lock, not wanting to cause attention to myself.

"You're that girl that fell yesterday, right?" He asked me.

"Yup," I said, trying my best to not start a conversation.

I got my door unlocked and open. I turned around, planning to tell him goodbye and go inside, but instead, I was met with the most perfect pair of green eyes.

He stared back at mine, but shook himself out of it and put a smirk on his face.

"Like what you see, huh?" He said arrogantly. His arms were crossed and he was leaning against his closed door.

With blush rising to my cheeks, I apologized. "Sorry, I didn't mean to stare." I looked at my feet, embarrassed.

"It's fine, a lot of girls can't help falling for me." He shrugged.

I couldn't tell if he was serious or not. I looked back up to him and he gave me a wink. Something tells me he was dead serious.

"Sorry I bothered you," I told him with a stern voice and turned back around to enter my apartment. I didn't want to be around this guy any more than I had to.