2: Lucy

✩°。⋆*❀✿❀✿゚.*・。゚

"Who are you?" Natsu asked as he stared at the blonde girl in front of him. Her porcelain skin glowed under the twinkling stars, and her glossy light brown eyes glimmered as she stared back at Natsu, without saying anything.

The snow began crunching under Natsu's feet, as he slowly began to approach the girl. He slowly brought out his hand, and reached to grab her own.

"What do you think you're doing?!" she shrieked and quickly pulled away. Even if she did yell, Natsu thought that her voice was soothing and soft.

"Let's go down, it's getting chilly and I hate the cold." Natsu responded, wanting to introduce himself. He grabbed her hand, which she didn't reject, and she was led down the hill. "My name's Natsu by the way." He introduced himself. Lucy blushed at his goofy grin and smiled "Nice to meet you. My name's Lucy.

"What were you doing up so late anyways?" He curiously asked. He was sure she tried jumping off the cliff, but he didn't want to make her uncomfortable.

Lucy glared at Natsu, "I-It's none of your business."

"Well it is now." Natsu reached into his pocket and held her diary in his hand. Her eyes immediately widened and she tried grabbing it, but since Natsu was a few inches taller, he stood on his tippy toes and held it above his head, making it impossible for Lucy to reach.

"You read it didn't you?" she mumbled, as she stood at a close distance in front of Natsu.

"I-,"

"You read it!" Her eyes began watering and Natsu started panicking not know what to do.

Uncharacteristically, Natsu placed both his arms around her shoulders, "Please don't cry."

"Why are you being so nice to me? You don't even know me." Natsu pulled away, but Lucy didn't. She kept her grip around Natsu, enjoying the warmth he provided.

"H-here," Natsu blushed as he handed Lucy her diary, "You dropped it on the ground, I didn't read it." He lied.

She quickly snatched it out of his hands. "I should be heading now..."

"No! Wait--" Natsu walked up next to her, "I actually did read some parts of you diary."

Lucy's eyes darted around everywhere, avoiding Natsu's green eyes. She bit her lip, trying her best not to cry. "Sorry, I'm just in a place I don't want to be in right now."

Feeling guilty, Natsu tried changing the topic, "Wanna come with me to get some food in the stalls?"

Lucy nodded her head, trying her best to forget about everything.

They both walked together towards the stalls, talking with each other about the weirdest things. Lucy's depressed aura gradually transitioned to a calmer one, with the help of Natsu's goofiness. 

"Why do you smell like lavender?" Natsu asked as he took a quick sniff of Lucy's hair, making Lucy giggle, not caring about his strange antics. 

"Not sure. It might be the shampoo I use." Her eyes trailed over to the white scarf Natsu was wearing. It was wrapped around his neck, and it suited him. However it was pretty dirty. "How come your scarf is so dirty?"

Natsu tilted his head in thought, "I've worn it everyday since I started elementary school."

"Natsu!" Gray yelled as he ran up to both of them, panting.

"What the hell you idiot! Why didn't you call us or something. We kept looking for you!" Gray revealed, as he slightly squatted and rested his hands on his thighs, trying to steady his breathing.

He smirked as he looked over at Lucy, "Who are you?" he asked.

Lucy smiled, "My name's Lucy. We were on our way to get some food, would you like to come?"

Gray politely smiled but rejected the offer, "Sorry, as much as I'd love to, I have to go tell the others that this idiot didn't jump off the cliff or something." Natsu's eyes widened and he quickly grabbed hold of Lucy's hand and started walking away.

"Yeah, whatever!" Natsu shouted at Gray. He looked down at Lucy and told her to forget about it.

Lucy's eyes widened when she smelled food in the air, and she grinned. She tugged onto Natsu's hand and eventually they both ate together at a small booth. Lucy payed for all of it, despite Natsu insisting that he pay.

They chatted until it became very late.

Eventually, they had to part ways. They both agreed to meet up early in the morning the next day.

"You better be here!" Natsu grinned, but deep inside he meant it. He was worried, and didn't know why. Afterall, they didn't really know each other that well.

xXx

On her way back, Lucy stopped for a moment to gaze up the twinkling stars.

If she hadn't met Natsu, she wouldn't have been on her way back to her cabin.

She would have been buried in the depth of the ocean. 

✩°。⋆*❀✿❀✿゚.*・。゚