Happy Birthday! (John Wall) -Mekayla-

I've been sucking at updating recently, so sorry about that. This one's for oohhthatskayy ! I hope you like it (:

-Mekayla's POV-

"Happy birthday John!"I exclaimed, throwing confetti at my boyfriend while he was in bed.

He laughed, sitting up. Brushing the confetti off his bare chest, John said,"Thank you baby." He leaned over and kissed me.

I beamed,"I've got the best stuff planned out for you today. It starts with breakfast. Get ready and come down." He chuckled at my excitement.

"Aight woman, damn. You know you don't have to do all this for me,"John said, getting out of bed. I just shrugged and walked out the door.

As soon as I heard John shut the bathroom door, I quickly ran back into the room and found my John Wall jersey. I know he loves it when I wear his jersey, so I put it on and then walked downstairs.

I had already set up breakfast which concluded of all of John's favourite breakfast foods: pancakes, waffles, chocolate milk, and fresh strawberries. I smiled proudly and waited.

John came down a little bit later and gaped at the piles of food. Then he saw me and smiled. "You look so damn good,"he muttered. I laughed, running over and hugging him.

He kissed the top of my head. "Kay, this is amazing. Thank you, gorgeous." I blushed and said,"It's no problem, handsome."

We started eating breakfast, just having a really fun conversation about basketball. Heck, I love basketball as much as him.

After that, I brought out my first gift of the day for him. I picked up the big box that was behind the kitchen counter as John finished his chocolate milk. I handed it to him.

"Baby, you didn't have to get me anything,"he insisted.

I shrugged. "You buy me so many things all year round. I can at least buy you birthday presents. Now open it. I hope you like it."

"It's a big box,"John observed, untying the bow. I watched excitedly as he opened the box and pushed the tissue wrap aside. "It's a bunch of little things I know you like,"I explained. In the box were some sweaters, a pair of shoes, a backpack, headphones, and his favourite cologne.

"I love them all, Mekayla. Thank you. I love you,"John said sincerely. He stood up and kissed me.

"I knew you would like these things. But I also got you some other gifts. I'll give them at dinner tonight,"I informed. "C'mon now. You know this is enough for me,"John said, shaking his head.

I shrugged off his comment. "No big deal. I love you, John. You deserve gifts." "Just wait till your birthday,"he replied, making me laugh.

John got a phone call so he excused himself to answer it. While he talked on the phone, I cleaned up the kitchen.

He came back with a worried look on his face. "Aye baby, you good?"I asked, walking over to him.

He responded,"Uh, yeah. But I have to do NBA related stuff tonight... I can't go to dinner with you."

My heart dropped. I had a whole surprise party planned for John's birthday and he's not going to show up there. So many people were invited...

I bit my lip. "Are you sure you can't come?"I mumbled.

John sighed, rubbing his face. "I don't know, Mekayla. I'll see what I can do. Maybe I'll be able to come back home in time."

I just slightly nodded. "It would mean a lot to me if you did come,"I whispered.

John hugged me and mumbled,"I'll try my best." I gave him a weak smile, pulling away from the hug.

"Well, we should get going to the place we met. I really went to spend some time there,"I said, tugging on his arm.

We spent some time at the park where I gave him his second present, which was more sentimental. It was a journal thing I've been writing in since John and I first started dating. It has all my thoughts about him and all the memories we share written inside of it. John loved it and said he would definitely be reading that a lot.

Soon, it was time for John to go to work. We went home and he drove his car to work while I did just about nothing. I didn't want to cancel the party. So many people were invited and everyone was looking forward to it. I have to make it work, even if John doesn't show up. He better show up though.

That night, I got dressed up and headed to the club I had booked for John's birthday. I greeted everyone and explained the work situation John was in at the moment.

Soon, I got a text from John: I can make it to dinner. Where should I meet you?

I smiled and replied: I'm glad you texted me! I'm at this club and I was wondering if you could pick me up? I'll explain later.. That was all just to lure him to the club.

Soon, he arrived and everyone shouted,"Surprise! Happy birthday John!" He looked completely shocked.

I giggled, walking over to him. "Happy birthday baby,"I said as I hugged him. He hugged me back. "Damn, Kay. You got me this time,"he chuckled, shaking his head.

I handed John my last gift for him. "I hope you like it,"I smiled. John opened the little box and stared at the gold bracelet.

"Mekayla, I can't take this. It probably cost a fortune,"he said, shaking his head.

I insisted,"No, it's fine. It's for you, baby. Do you like it?" John replied,"Yeah, thank you so much but-" I interrupted,"Then that's all that matters. Now let's have some fun, birthday boy." He chuckled, following me to the dance floor.