Chapter 1.

Kailani "Kay" In MM.

KAY POV-

"KAILANI ARE YOU READY YET? I AIN'T GOT ALL DAY!" yelled my Aunt Louis.

"Yes ma'am, I'm ready" i say, slowly walking down the stairs. "You think he'll remember what I look like Auntie?"I whisper once I finally get close to her.

She sighs. "I don't know baby, we'll just have to wait &' see for ourselves."

A sad smile makes it way on my face.. "Yeah, I guess you're right." I respond quietly.

If you're wondering who the person is we're talking about, then it's my no good Father. See my mother died giving birth to me, so my father was my only guardian left. I guess he thought he HAD to take care of me, & he did just that until I turned 3. He hit my Aunty Louis up & told her that he couldn't raise no child on his own. In a way I kind of understand where he was coming from. Kind of. So my Aunty took me in under her wing. She's the one that put clothes on my back, She's the one that rocked me to sleep, She's the one that let me cry on her shoulder when I thought about my life. NOT my dad. Just last month he called my Aunt &' told her that he wanted me to come live with him for a while. & what did my aunt say? Yes. So here I am. 3 suit cases in front of me, Getting ready to go to New Orleans with my father.

"Are you ready Kay? We have to leave before you miss your flight baby."

"Yes ma'am. I'm ready" I sigh.