Flower (Oberyn Martell x reader)

The bright light of the Dornish sun woke you. You tried to move but a weight across your stomach stopped you. A smile made its way to your lips as memories of the night before flashed through your mind. You peeled your eyes open before turning your head to find Oberyn's deep brown eyes already watching you. "Good morning," you greeted him, the soft grin still on your face.

"And to you, flower." You flushed at the endearment. You turned on your side, facing him and snuggled further into him. The two of you had been close for years and, after flirting for so long, you finally admitted your attraction to one another which had lead to your long and passionate night. "Must we get up?" you asked after stifling a yawn. Oberyn chuckled and replied, "Do you wish to stay abed all day, Y/N?" You nodded and he pulled you closer to him.

You let out a content sigh and gazed back into those eyes you'd come to love. "Why do you call me 'flower', Oberyn?" you asked suddenly. Oberyn pondered for a moment before answering you. "I call you flower because you are as beautiful as a lily, as dangerous as a rose's thorn and you smell as lovely as a tulip." He kissed the tip of your nose and then moved to bury his face in the crook of your neck.

You giggled and tried to scoot away, but Oberyn's strong arms held you in place. "Stay, my flower," he whispered. You sighed again and wrapped your arms around him. He pressed his lips to yours over and over again. "Very well, my prince," you said, over dramatically. For a few moments, the two of you lay there in silence, just enjoying each other's company. Your limbs remained entangled with his and you studied his face in the morning sunlight.

"Do you see something you like?" You laughed at him again, but nodded. "For years." He flashed you a wide smile. Oberyn knew he was handsome and desirable, but hearing you say it made him beam. His eyes roamed the curves of your body before returning to your face. Your eyes were closed yet again. Oberyn chuckled slowly to himself before kissing your cheek and pulling you even closer, if that was possible. Yes, he had duties to attend to, but for the moment Oberyn didn't care. He was content to just lie there with his arms wrapped around you. His flower.  

(a/n: OHMIGOSH, you guys! Thank you for helping this book jump up #41 in Fanfiction! I'm absolutely in awe!)