⇝ Chapter Eighteen

You and Loki end up stargazing for hours and the sky is still one of the most beautiful things you've ever looked upon. The array of colors are glided together and stars show the best reason for darkness.

Until Thor ruined it.

Appearing in his silk Asgardian pajamas definitely destroyed the romantic mood, but he doesn't seem to notice as he sits across from you and Loki.

"Where's Jane?" you ask politely while your arm is slung behind Loki and playing with his hair much to his pleasure.

"Sleeping. I wanted to get some fresh air," Thor answers.

"Does it have to do with the meeting you guys had?"

"Yes." Thor sighs. "It was about Jotunheim and how we can prevent Frost Giants from entering other realms."

You look over to Loki and raise an eyebrow. "You didn't say anything about that."

"It was irrelevant," Loki replies in a monotone voice.

"It is important that they do not cause anymore trouble. We cannot risk it," Thor argues, looking unnaturally exhausted.

"I do not care to discuss this right now. We were having a lovely evening until you got here," Loki grumbles and you gently yank on his hair.

"Stop being rude," you whisper harshly through clenched teeth then grin at the two. "We'll have to get used to this anyway."

"What do you mean?" Thor questions.

You grimace. "Have you guys not realized that we will outlive The Avengers? They'll all age and we'll still have thousands of years to live. I mean, even I will most likely outlive you guys."

Thor seems to only realize this now and Loki just sighs.

"You had to mention it," Loki whispers.

"What?" you ask.

"He never thought that far. Now he knows he will live long to see all his friends and even Jane age and eventually die."

"Oh, shit," you grumble, then glance to Thor's slumped form. "I'm sorry."

"No, it is fine," Thor says. "I will die one day as well, I just cannot imagine how you will feel."

"What do you mean?" you inquire.

"Well, if you are truly and completely immortal, you will see the end not only to your world, but all nine realms."

"Thor," Loki growls, already having worked all of this out and not wanting you to have those types of thoughts, especially after hearing about what you've already had to deal with.

"It's okay," you say, pulling off a fake smile as the thoughts race through your mind. "Anything can happen. I may only live a regular human life."

"I think that's enough talk about life and death for one day," Loki says casually, standing with you in his arms. "Goodnight, brother."

"Goodnight. Also, keep it down. The whole palace heard you two last night."

Loki chuckles and heads back to your shared chambers, prepared to reassure you about your future since your past had enough darkness to last a lifetime.

"Don't worry about any of that," Loki says, setting you on his bed.

"How can I not? I could watch both of you age and die and witness the ends of worlds," you say, leaning against the pillow and closing your eyes.

"There are many years left no matter what, so enjoy it."

Loki uses his magic to change both yours and his clothes before climbing into bed next to you and rolling you onto his bare chest.

"I will. I'm just scared I might have to see you die in front of me one day," you confess.

"We won't know until it comes. Just remember, I love thee with a love that shall not die, till the sun grows cold and the stars grow old."

You open your eyes and narrow them at Loki. "Did you just quote Shakespeare right now?"

"You act like it's easy," he defends.

"What made me love thee? Let that persuade thee there's something extraordinary in thee. I cannot but love thee. None but thee." You smirk.

"You have no idea how much I love you," Loki says seriously.

"And I you."

❅❅❅

"If you're going to leave for these meetings while we're here, is there at least a library?" you ask hopefully the next day as you're walking back from the dining hall.

"Yes, but I think Stark's puts it to shame," Loki replies, turning down a different hallway.

"Leave it to Tony to outdo a royal library on a different planet," you mumble.

You approach a small set of double doors and Loki tosses one open. Your giddy excitement is bubbling inside of you and you waste no time in running into the room. While Tony's library is more high-tech and modern, this one is classic and a lot more beautiful. It's about half the size of his, but it's still huge.

You run off to your favorite section since they're labelled and scan through the books. You see one way at the top that looks interesting, but you're way too short to reach it.

"Loki!" you yell and he's next to you instantly with a smirk. "Can you get that book for me?"

"Maybe," he replies, not even needing to extend his arm the whole way to pluck it from its spot on the shelf, but he continues to hold it above your head.

"Babeeee," you whine. "I can still get it, but make it easy and just give it to me."

"Come get it then," he challenges.

You sigh and reach up to put your hands on his shoulders before hoisting yourself up to wrap your legs around his waist. You quickly put your mouth on his and slip your tongue in while casually reaching up to snatch the book from his hand.

"Winner!" you cheer, detaching your lips from his and waving the book around.

Loki's hands have moved to your butt and he's smiling at you as you reign in your victory.

"You cheat," he claims lazily.

"Wow, is the God of Mischief and well-known trickster accusing me of cheating?" you ask incredulously.

"Yes," Loki says and chuckles. "I'm beginning to rub off on you."

"And?"

"I like it."

You laugh and lay a big kiss square on his lips until you see a figure standing by the door.

"Queen Frigga!" you exclaim, immediately jumping down from Loki and standing straighter next to him with the book behind your back. "I am so sorry."

Loki pulls you into his side to calm your nerves while his mother slowly approaches.

"There is no need to apologize, dear. I was looking to tell Loki that he is late for the meeting, but I now see why," she replies.

"Sorry, mother. I will be going now," Loki says and your eyes widen and you keep a grip on his sleeve like a child when he tries to leave.

"You will be fine. And if anything does go wrong, just shout for me," he tells you, leaning down to kiss your forehead before exiting the room.

Then, suddenly, you're left in a room with the Queen of Asgard herself.