46~Young Grave

I was made to keep your body warm, But I'm cold as the wind blows so hold me in your arms. -Kiss Me, Ed Sheeran

   I stormed into the doctor's office. "Where's his grave?" I demanded.

    The doctor turned away from the nurse he had been talking to. "I'll write it down for you." he offered sympathetically.

~

I gripped the rose tightly in my hand, "Hi." I said softly, staring at the headstone. 

Alastor Erebus
Son 

Perhaps it angered me, that Piper got my mate, and threw him away. It disgusted me that she tossed her child away, while I never even heard mine speak. I ran my hands along the smooth stone. "Long time no see, baby boy." I whispered. 

     "Your daddy misses you, I know he does. I miss you, and-" my body wracked with sobs. "You died fighting, baby boy. And every day I'm fighting for you, but sometimes... sometimes I just want to let the bullet fly. Let the beta rip my heart out, let the witches burn me, let the queen drain me dry. Let the breath be choked out of my lungs." 

    A hand was placed tentatively on my arm, "Araceli," a husky voice murmured.

    I snarled at him, allowing the tears to continue to flow freely. I saw the inner battle raging on in his eyes. The urge to comfort his mate on the death of our child. 

    "All I wanted was someone to love me unconditionally."

    I know he saw the vulnerability in my eyes. "I know what you want, Araceli." he stated. 

     "And what's that."

     "You want midnight kisses, heartfelt gazes. You want sappy love declarations, and promises of marriage. You want to go to prom with the boy who loves you, and receive stupid corsages. You long for a family, and secret whispers of forbidden love. You want forever, and hope, and you want to be happy for every day of your life. You want sweet chocolate, and inside jokes. You want a husband, and you want to grow old with your mate. You want to love and be loved."

    More tears flooded down my face, "-But?"

     "But I can't give you that."

    "You're my mate."

    "I know, but you can't change me."

    I shook my head in realization. "But you're changing me, and the way I look at people, and love, and cry."

    Vincenzo sighed, running a hand through his hair. "Araceil," he protested.

     "What happened to us?"

     "Maybe that's the problem. there never was an us."

     "No," a strong voice said, "A lunar werewolf and an Apollo-born could never mate, your instincts scream to kill and love each other at the same time." 

    I turned around, "I knew you would come for revenge, Katerina. I killed all of those witches."

     Vincenzo stepped in front of me, "Leave, Katerina. Touch her, and Titus dies, along with the rest of your pack."

    Katerina laughed, "You two can't kill Titus where you're going." she shouted angrily. "They were my family, you fire-spitting-bitch-luna! My fucking family." The wind whipped across our clothes, tugging at our bodies, pulling us. I clutched my head in pain, the queen's venom seeping into my heart. 

    "The magic, it's mixing with the venom in me. I can feel it pulling." I shouted to Vincenzo.

     He seemed conflicted. I shouted in fear as the ground opened under me. The witch was chanting, ignoring the roaring winds. "Praeteritum est praesens nuntius veneficus. Praeteritum est praesens nuntius veneficus. Praeteritum est praesens nuntius veneficus." she murmured. "Praeteritum est praesens nuntius veneficus."

I gripped the jagged edge of the opening. "Vince, please."

    His mouth parted in shock, glancing from me to the witch. "VINCE!" I screamed frantically, as the edges began falling away. The witch's chanting became louder, filling the howling forest with thunder. My eyes begged my mate for one show of acceptance. He glanced at Alastor's headstone and dove into the hole, wrapping me in his arms and protecting me from any falling debris. 

A/N: Carried a bunch of groceries up stairs because I didn't have the FOB for the elevator to get in my building and my left arms is killing me and I can barely write. I was planning on making this longer but my arm is literally shaking. 

Keep voting meanwhile :D and don't forget to comment! We're at #60, so keep up the support you guys are amazing! 

    If you haven't noticed I've entered in the Wattys, just for kicks. So vote for the Alpha's Slut, or however this thing works "D

LOVE