20|PHOTOGRAPH

Ally carefully took off the bandage covering her shoulder and to her astonishment, nothing was left, not even a scar. Her fingertips grazed over the unflawed skin and she felt no pain or dent. She shook her head in disbelief, she wasn't mundane anymore.

Technically, the 107th had won a victory and everyone was going out to celebrate, including not-so-small Steve. Bucky suggested she be his date and Ally happily agreed. She wore a gown that night. It wasn't as raunchy as she thought it would be but it was still appealing to eye. The silky white fabric hugged her chest and then cascaded loosely down to her knees.

"Ready to go?" Bucky knocked on the door before coming in, his mouth opening slightly. "You look– absolutely ravishing."

Ally smiled down at the ground, tucking one of her hazel locks behind her ear. "Ya' really think so?"

Bucky took a few short strides to her, his bruises still faintly noticeable. Ally frowned when she got an up-front look at his face, still painted with torture– but only Bucky Barnes could make that look good. His uniform was coated with a few new medals and he still smirked graciously. "I really think so. You make it very hard to focus doll," he twisted one of her curls around his fingers. "But I promised Steve and the other boys we'd be there."

"The other boys?"

"You'll see," he extended his arm. "Shall we?"

"I think we shall," Ally took his arm and he lead her down the stairs, to the parlour of her house. Without even noticing, Rosa had snapped a photo of them coming down the stairs. "Mama..."

"I will have to send that one to your Nonna, cousins and Jovian," Rosa grinned innocently. "Come on you two, it's not everyday my dreams come true."

Bucky's face became hot with a crimson blush and try as he might, he couldn't hide it. "I didn't realize how badly your family wanted this to happen."

"Ever since you offered to help my mother with the dishes the first time you and Steve came over," she shuffled beside him, wrapping her arms around his torso. "Smile darling, we'll want these photos in the future."

Rosa snapped another photo and another and then eventually called Kepler and Nico from the television to take a photo with them. By the time Rosa was done, they were already running late. "Ciao, have fun!"

"Not too much fun," Nico muttered under his breath. "Heaven knows Kepler already does that enough." Rosa gasped and smacked Nico upside the head, causing him to burst into a fit of childish giggles. "Sorry mama, bye you two."

Ally and Bucky had arrived soon enough to watch Steve persuade the fellow men he had rescued into joining his own team. Gabe Jones, Dum Dum Dugan, Jim Morita, Jacques Dernier, James Montgomery Falsworth and Union Jack all sat together, drinking and celebrating. Ally had begun to wonder if Steve could actually persuade them.

"They're all idiots," Bucky told her, escorting her to a table. "They'll join in a heartbeat."

"If you say so," she mocked. "He's so extraordinary now, I can't help but feel like I should be missing the old Steve."

Bucky shrugged. "I guess it's all just new for us. He's still the lil kid from the alley."

"Just bigger," Ally blinked, watching Steve throw his head back and laugh. "And just so extraordinary."

"Don't sell yourself short Ally," Bucky told her. "You're more than extraordinary, but you already know that."

"She really does," piped a slightly tipsy Quaker. "How do you do ma'am?"