►Chapter Thirteen◄

There's no telling what the average human being is capable of, or how far they'll go in order to get what they want. When I arrived at school the next day I wasn't sure what to expect. Like normal, I sat on the bus directly behind Kenny and Eric. The only difference was that I wasn't actually paying much attention to Kenny. I was more so trying to prepare myself both mentally and physically for the torment that would no doubt come from everyone else after the truth was spread around - after everyone knew that it was really me making a complete mess. Nothing was happening as of yet, which made me wonder if Kenny had actually kept it a secret for me.

Would he really do that?

The driver pulled up to school and everyone piled out in their sluggish morning manners, me included. I was tired and feared that I might fall asleep during one of my classes, which wouldn't be a good thing for me if my parents were to find out. A good education leads to a good future, so if I were to slack and doze off during a lecture they'd never forgive me. I sighed and followed everyone into the school, where there was a crowd forming by the lockers. I obviously knew what was going on, but not wanting to seem suspicious I tried to peak through the crowd at my artwork.

Huh, it turned out better than I thought.

"What do you mean you didn't see anyone?!" shouted Eric from beside me. I jumped a little, not realizing that they were right there. "You were watching the fucking cameras! What, did you fall asleep or something?!"

Shrugging, Kenny glanced back at the graffiti. "They must've found a way past your cameras, because I didn't see shit."

By this point Kyle and Stan were a little more than suspicious of him. "Dude, aren't those your initials?" Stan asked.

"Yeah, who'd write 'K.M.' on your locker?" Kyle questioned further, narrowing his eyes slightly. Kenny put his hands up defensively.

"You think I'd be stupid enough to write my signature?" he asked.

Eric snapped his fingers. "No, you're genius enough!" he shouted, crossing his arms. "It's so obvious that we'd overlook it, thinking someone else is trying to frame you!"

"This is getting confusing," Kenny muttered dryly.

The rest of their conversation had been drowned out by the murmurs of my schoolmates, some talking loudly and others whispering as if they'd get a gun to their head if they spoke any louder. Eventually it died down and everyone went to their respective lockers to get ready for class. The last thing I heard from the crowd were two girls talking about my graffiti.

"I wish I could art," sighed one of them.

"Same," came the response of the other. Then they too walked off to their first period, just as a teacher passed by and noticed it.

"Alright, this needs to end," grumbled said teacher as he stormed off to the principal's office. I looked back over and saw that Kenny had just opened his locker with Eric lingering next to him. Stan and Kyle must have gone off to their class, but I wasn't really focused on that. All I could think of was the fact that I actually got part of his initials on his locker. I smiled lightly.

Good job, Leopold.

Sighing, I turned around and trudged off to my own locker which was a hall away. All the while my mind continuously went to Kenny and how he had lied to protect me. Or maybe he had ulterior motives? I wouldn't know. Apparently, I didn't know that much about him. How could I be in love with someone I didn't even know much about? I frowned as I entered my classroom and sat down, then took out my phone and sent him a quick text. Nothing special, just one word; thanks. He never responded.

Questions of whether or not Kenny had changed much since elementary school blurred my mind, and before I knew it the school day had ended and I was dragging myself to the bus. Kenny had ignored me all day, and I paid little to no attention in any of my six classes. Did I recieve homework? I wouldn't know. Getting onto the bus, Kenny came on as well. Again without the rest of his gang. I wondered what the heck they kept doing to miss their bus rides? I guess that wasn't important, so I hurriedly swept the question to the back of my head and turned to look out the window. As much as I had hoped he would've sat next to me, he sat down beside Craig Tucker. They struck up conversation easily, and I found myself becoming somewhat jealous. I was never really jealous over the people that Kenny talked and flirted with, mostly because I knew it was all in fun.. but for some reason I was taking everything a little more seriously now.

Stupid Kenny... Wait, no, you're not stupid at all Ken!

I hung my head and sighed, trying not to think of him at all. It was a really difficult task. His stop was before mine, so I watched him leave before glancing toward Craig. He was watching him the same way I was. I never really made the connection that Craig would have a crush on Kenny, but then again I never really cared who liked him. But I knew Tweek was head over heels for Craig, so I hoped that that would work itself out in time. He caught me staring and flipped me off. I turned fully around and stared into my lap until I got home, where I said hello to my parents and climbed the stairs to my room. Then I took out my phone and called Kenny.

To my surprise, he answered. "Hey," was his greeting.

"Um.. I think w-we need to.." I paused, taking a deep breath. "I want to talk about something.." I heard chuckling from the other line.

"We're not even dating yet and you already want to have the talk with me?" he asked flirtatiously.

My face grew warm and I swallowed hard. "Y-yet?" I repeated after a moment of silence.

There was a pause before he sighed. "Sorry, I forgot that you actually liked me like that.. Flirting is a habit.."

"Am I that easy to forget about?" I quietly asked.

"What? That's not what I meant."

"I wanted to know i-if you'd like to.. I don't know.. H-hang out... sometime?"

Another pause. "I mean, sure. Just don't get the wrong idea dude. I don't want to lead you on."

"I-I know.." I frowned.

"So, tomorrow then?"

I nodded. "Tomorrow."

Then we said our goodbye's and I hung up, falling back onto my bed and staring up at the ceiling, letting the tears roll down my cheeks one at a time. Tomorrow was Friday, and I had the chance to hang out with someone I had been madly in love with for years. Yet he still felt the need to continuously state the fact that he didn't like me in that way, as if I wasn't already well aware of it.