Calling In A Favor

Steve read everything on that tablet that Tony gave him in the weeks that followed Ice waking up. He read about how the Winter Soldier, how Bucky pulled her out of the ocean. He read about how Hydra shocked his girlfriend's memories away. He read about how when they took her, one of the first things they did was abort the baby she was carrying and sterilized her. He read about how she resisted for the first few months. He read about how she gave in. He read about the relentless training. He read about how they turned Clara into the cold and murderous Ice. He read about every single one of her missions. He read about how she was to be terminated by Bucky. He read about how his girlfriend and his best friend had a relationship.

Steve watched videos and looked at pictures too. He saw that Clara had wrote "STARK TONY STEVE" in her blood. He saw how she looked when she was pulled out of the ocean. He saw how she reacted to the memory wiping, her screams echoing in his mind. He saw how they trained her. He saw a few of her missions, watching as she brutally murdered her targets. He saw how she was tortured after she had recognized Natasha and himself.

While he was reading about Clara's time as Ice, Tony and Bruce were trying different ways to bring back Clara's memories, but not a single memory had surfaced. It had been three months since Clara was woken up and she was still Ice. Hydra had done a great job at wiping her mind. Tony slammed a tablet down angrily. Bruce and Natasha looked at each other and Steve looked at Tony.

"Tony, that was the last we can try without damaging her brain even more." Bruce says as he takes off his glasses and rubs the bridge of his nose, sighing. Tony shakes his head, looking at all of them.

"No it wasn't. Clara is going to be pissed at me for even suggesting this, but I'm cashing in one of the favors she is owed." Tony says and Natasha's eyes widen.

"You...You are going to ask him to help? She's going to be more than pissed. " Natasha comments, crossing her arms over her chest. Steve looks at Natasha then at Tony.

"Who are you talking about?" Steve asks, standing up a bit straighter. Tony looks at Natasha as he pulls out his phone.

"I don't think we have a choice anymore. We both know that he can help her, Romanoff, and he will help her." Tony says before walking off, dialling an old phone number. Just as he walks out the door of the lab, Steve can hear him say "Professor Xavier, I need your help."

-

Tony was waiting in the medical ward outside of Clara's room a few hours later. This was the last thing they could do without fucking up her brain even more, so everyone really hoped that Charles Xavier could help out his old student. Tony had sent Clara to Charles Xavier's School for Gifted Youngsters a few years after the deaths of his parents. Both he and Peggy didn't exactly know how to help Clara use her powers, so their best bet was to send her to the school so she could learn to control her powers. So Clara stayed at the school until it came time for her to go to high school. The Stark ended up becoming an honorary X-Men in high school and by the time she was going off to join the military, Clara had helped the X-Men on many occasions.

The elevator dinged open and out came Logan Howlett, Henry McCoy, and Charles Xavier in his wheelchair, following Maria Hill. Tony stood up a bit straighter as the four of them came closer. The older Stark nodded at Hill and she nodded back, turning on her heel and walked back to the elevator.

"Thank you for coming, Professor. You know I wouldn't have called if it wasn't this bad." Tony says, looking at the old mutant in his chair. The bald man nods and after taking a glimpse into Tony's mind, he understands wants so wrong.

"I know, Tony. I wish you would've called me sooner." The Professor says as he rolls towards where Tony is standing outside of Clara's door. Logan looks at the two of them.

"So she was brainwashed?" The Wolverine asks, crossing his arms over his tank top covered chest. Tony nods sadly before he opens the door and walks into the room. Ice's cold gaze left the wall and she looked at Tony and the Professor as they came into the room. Logan and Henry followed and soon Bruce, Natasha, and Steve joined them. As the Professor rolled towards her bed, Ice tilted her head.

"She's under heavy sedation, Professor Xavier. If she wasn't, we'd all be frozen." Bruce speaks up and the Professor nods.

"I can't say that I'll be able to make Clara just how she used to be." Charles says, glancing at the group. Tony nods, his eyes on his sister.

"We understand. We just need Clara back in control." Tony tells him and the Professor nods. The old man raises two fingers to his temple and within an instant, Ice's eyes glaze over and her head titling upward. No one moved and no one spoke. Everyone's eyes were trained on Ice and Charles. Time passed, minutes slowly turning into an hour. After an hour and forty-five minutes, Clara's body arched off the bed and she gasped loudly, her eyes back to normal. Her eyes looked at everyone, tears brimming her eyelids.

"She's back in control, but she's weak and in pain." Charles informed the group, removing his fingers from his temples. Steve and Tony immeadiately moved forward. "She doesn't want you to come close. Clara doesn't want to hurt you." Tony and Steve stop, looking at the women in the bed. Her eyes looked down, warm tears turning cold when they hit her warm cheeks.

"She's still inside of me...I don't want her to hurt anyone else." Clara's voice was practically silent since she hasn't used it in so long, "Thank you, Professor."

"There's no need to thank me. We should be getting back to the school. Tony, please don't hesitate to call me if something happens." Charles says as he rolls out of the room, Beast and Wolverine following him.

"I killed so many...." Clara says softly, her eyes looking at everyone, "You should've put a bullet in me instead of saving me."