CHAPTER ELEVEN

The rest of the week went by quite fast. The work amount was low and I didn't have to tutor Ashton anymore for that week, which was definitely a very good thing after what happened last time. I still felt extremely bad about asking about his parents. I didn't mean to make him so angry, and what is there to be so angry about?

The fact that there was so much about this boy that I didn't know never left my mind. I didn't know why I cared so much, but I did. It was as if there was a whole nother part of this stranger that no one knew, and it bugged me. I tried my best not to think about Ashton as I went into work in my dad's office that Saturday morning. I had an internship there, and I didn't get paid. The plan for me, was that I was going to be working for my father's company once I turned 18, so why not prepare for it now?

"So hows tutoring?" My father asked as we drove to his office that morning. My stomach dropped a little bit. "Its fine." I replied, looking out the window.

"That'll look really good on your college resumé, you know." he kept talking. I decided it was best to not show how urked I was by talking about it. I turned to him and smiled. "I know!" I said happily.

We finally got to my father's office (he ownes an insureance company) and i followed him up to his floor. I spent the next 4 hours what I usually do: clean, file papers, fetch coffee for my father's colleagues. The usual. I tried to focus on my date tonight. What would I wear? What would I say? I've never been one to go out on dates so sudden. I've actually never been on a proper date before in my life. My shift was over way too quickly. It was now time to get ready for my date with Nick.

Once I got home, I dug through my closet to find something cute. I decided on a black pencil skirt and a pink blouse. I laied the garments out on my bed and took a quick shower. I had my mother help me curl my hair because she was pretty good at it. I put on a little but on mascara and blush. Before I knew it, my doorbell rang.

I nervously went downstairs to the door. "OOOoo is is your boyfriend?!" my little brother teased. I pushed him away and opened the door. Nick wore a blue button up shirt and dark jeans and converse. He looked oh so attractive.

"Wow." he said. "You look hot."

I laughed and let him come inside. My mother came down the stairs. Oh great. I looked over to her and gave her a look that told her to play it cool. "Hello!" She greeted. He shook her hand, like a gentleman. I watched in pure amazement as Nick talked to my mother with such manners.

Something Ashton would never do. A voice in my head told me. I quickly shook that voice out; I didn't need to think about Ashton tonight. Minutes passed before Nick turned to me. "Ready to go?" he asked sweetly. I nodded and took his arm in mine and said goodbye to my mother. Nick and I walked down the steps of my front yeard to his car. It was a black Escalade, a very nice one, I might add. I thought about that old red pickup truck, a little laugh escaped my lips. I instantly took it back, because I knew Ashton couldn't help having that as his car.

"Where are we off to?" I asked. Nick hopped in the diver's seat of the car. I opened the heavy car door, struggling to pull myself up into the big car. "You got it?" Nick asked. I nodded and finally belted myself in. "I'm gonna take you somewhere you've probably never gone." Nick smiled, pulling out of my driveway. We drove in silence for a little, then he started talking as we pulled into the main road of the Strip. "How do you like it out here?" He asked. I looked out the window at all the passing lights. Vegas was really a beautiful sight at night. So many neon lights, flashing out words that didn't have a lot of meaning. The sky was a light shade of purple, the almost full moon already shining. "It's actually very nice here," I said. He kept asking me random questions, which made me feel important. We finally pulled up to a restauraunt I've never seen before. "Roy's." Nick said. "Its hawaiian food."