Eight

Alec arrived at football practice and inside the locker room the boys were all talking about one thing... Or one person. Lola. They were talking about the guy she was sitting with the day before.

He ignored them, trying to not listen to their stupidity. It didn't work and he ended up having to listen to them.

"Yo, she gave me the most amazing massage; I swear I was about to fall asleep. Then she got a phone call and I guess she has to pick some sort of song out, I don't even know. Turns out her full name is Lola Maria Avalon. Then she threatened to stab her friend in the eye with a fork. She's one weird girl." Preston begins blabbing.

"Who was she talking to?" Gray asks him as he tosses his gym bag into his locker.

"Beats me, it was a girl though."

"Wh-"

"Guys, shut up." Alec tells them not even realizing the words were coming out of his mouth. "You should mind your own business."

After he said this he left the locker room and went off to the field. Nobody was there but he found the container of footballs and started throwing them. On one of his throws he whipped his arm back and propelled it forward causing the ball to fly from his hand and for a searing pain to shoot through his shoulder.
He winced as the ball flew through the air and fell to the ground.

The rest of practice didn't go so well. His throws were sloppy and all over the place as well as his arm had a burning sensation throughout it. Coach Kaine ended up yelling at him after practice and told him to go see Lola about his arm. More specifically coach could see the look of pain on his face and told him he needed to get his act together before the season started back up.

After ripping Alec a new one coach went and spoke to Lola about it.

"Lola, could you help out Alexander? If you noticed, his throws were really sloppy and he looks like somebody is branding him whenever he throws." He asks her gruffly.

"Bryant mentioned that Alec wouldn't want me going to him." Lola pops in hesitantly.

"Well, it might be for everybody's best interest if you do go to him since he obviously isn't capable of doing it himself." He frowns.

"Don't worry, I can do it." She smiles and assures him.

She just didn't know exactly how.

^^^^^^^^^

A/N: My sincerest apologies that this was a pretty short chapter. Blame Carla. Carla, you're probably reading this so you should really quit pressuring me to release these faster. If you don't then I'll release them even slower soooo.... choose what you want to do.