- 7 -

It's the day after the masquerade ball.

You didn't catch a wink of sleep that night. You were too busy pounding on your door, begging soldiers to let you out. Palace engineers were quick to bar your windows.

You're trapped in a prison.

So now you stare at yourself in the mirror. A towel loosely hangs on your shoulders, barely covering anything.

Blue and purple marks pepper your neck. Your lips are bruised. You reach up, placing your hand on your neck. You flinch in pain.

'It hurts...'

Chuuya left hickeys all over you, love marks. So why are they so disgusting to look at?

You take no second chance to wrap the towel around you neck, successfully hiding the marks.

'Better.'

But your blue lips are in plain sight.

Your thoughts whip back to Chuuya. How he kissed you, how he said he loved you.

How can he say such things, do such things, with such passion? Only for it all to be a lie.

Tears leak out of your eyes. You shut them, gritting your teeth.

When you look once more, you face someone terribly broken. Someone used and tattered. Someone completely and utterly disgusting.

With a strangled cry, you shatter the mirror with you hands.

---

"Dazai."

"Yes?"

"Let me see him."

"...Okay."

Dazai has your hand in his, making sure your ability is shut down. His other hand is holding up a torch that leads the way down a staircase. Your armor clinks under your cape and you pull the hood over your eyes.

"He's right in here." Dazai opens a wooden door.

Chuuya looks up at you. Your eyes lock but his widen. He tries to run forward. The chains hold him back. Metal clash together and fall down to the floor.

Chuuya doesn't look hurt in any way, just exhausted. He doesn't have his hat, his clothes are a mess. Chuuya looks exactly like you do.

"(f/n), please, I-"

"Chuuya, are you really one of Mali's executives?" Your eyes are narrowed, a steel glint seen with the torch's fire. Chuuya bites back, hopelessness apparent on his face.

"I- ... (f/n) please can we just tal-"

"Answer. The. Question." You grasp his collar, growling in his face.

Chuuya hesitates for a moment, struggling with words and contemplating his choices. He grits his teeth, squeezing his eyes shut.

"Yes, I am." He spits out.

Your eyes dilate with anger and in a flash you've unsheathed your sword. Chuuya's eyes widen in fear.