Chapter 10 - Goodbye Emma

"How many more to go?" I asked exasperatedly over the telephone in my consulting room.

I had dealt with over five patients today, and with each patient I had to spend around an hour. I was tired talking about depression and sitting on this chair. My butt was aching and I couldn't wait for the lunch break, when I could get rid of this chair.

And you know why don't I like my job? Because I'm not a qualified counsellor and half the time, I don't know what I'm doing. The hospital staff doesn't know that though. And trust me when I say there's a long story behind it.

"Just one more. Her name's Emma Watson, I'll be sending her in now." Hana said over the phone.

I sighed and cut the line.

This is your work. You can't complain. My conscience decided to speak up.

I hate this work.

The truth is, that I never wanted to be a counsellor. I had always wanted to be a writer, living alone in a small house which had a beautiful view right outside, like a waterfall or the sea. I had and also have so many ideas but I can't.

I shook my head to get rid of these stupid thoughts. Yes, I wanted all this, but a long time ago, when that small, innocent girl who only knew what makeup and school was hadn't known the truth.

Soon enough though, I heard a knock on my office door.

"Come in!" I said.

A tall lady with a fair skin tone and tall figure, came in and took a seat nervously in front of me. Her hair was the brightest shade of red you can possibly imagine. She had this cute little purse which was just so pretty.

"So, you're Emma, right?" I asked the obvious, but this was a good way to start a conversation with a person you're forced to talk to.

She opened her mouth to say something, probably 'yeah' when we heard a knock on my office door, again.

"Come in." I said, not knowing what to expect.

It was Hana. "There's someone who'd like to meet you immediately. He says it's an emergency."

My mind thought all of the worst possibilities. And Hana said 'He' which probably means it's Asher, I really don't know that many guys. Something big must've happened for him to come like that. Did something happen to Cass? No, Hana would've definitely informed me then.

"I'll be back." I said looking at Emma apologetically. She nodded. I quickly took the lift and pressed the button with the symbol 'G' on it. I reached the ground floor and basically sprinted towards the reception.

I was surprised to find a happy Elliot over there with a rose bouquet in one hand standing in the hospital lobby in a sexy red top which said "Biceps doesn't grow on trees. Work out everyday" and torn jeans, looking at his phone in the other hand. His hair was messy, just like always. He didn't look like there was emergency, not at all.

I felt a slight tinge of disappointment. I had expected it to be Asher not him. But there was still this emergency thing to find out about.

As soon as he spotted me, he gave me a big grin. I tried to give him one back, but I'm sure it must have looked fake.

"Hey Elliot." I greeted once I walked up to him, slightly out of breath with all that sprinting. I'm not exactly what that person whose you'd call 'fit'.