Reasons - Avengers & Reader

Words: 968
Pairing: Avengers & Reader
Featuring: Pietro Maximoff, Wanda Maximoff, Natasha Romanoff, Clint Barton, Steve Rogers
Warnings: none
Requested by anon
Summary: As the shy one on The Avengers, you have your own way of expression. When Wanda and Pietro join the team and some clothes go missing, they figure out what that is.
Author's Note: this was cute, I love platonic and domestic avengers

*Edited*

---

"Is that my hoodie?" Natasha laughed when she saw you sitting at the bar in the kitchen, eating breakfast.

You looked down at what you had on, and truth be told, it was Natasha's two-sizes-too-big hoodie.

You shrugged and took a bite of cereal, "Yeah."

Natasha nodded, "Am I going to get it back?" She knew how you were, but asking never hurt.

"I'll give it to you tomorrow. I just wanted something comfortable right now," You told her. Sometimes the team wondered why you never wore your own clothes, but they were so used to it always happening that they didn't question it. You had your reasons, but the team came to the conclusion that they would leave it up to you to decide if you would share the reason.

But you never did that. You just kept taking clothes and sometimes returning them, and the team stopped questioning it.

Tony even offered to give you some money for new clothes if you wanted to stop borrowing and taking from everyone, but you denied him. And again, he didn't question it; your reasons were your reasons.

"Looking great in my shirt," Steve laughed when he walked into the lab.

"It's comfortable, Steve, thanks," You told him quietly and put the pencil you were using behind your ear.

He nodded and walked to your desk, "I need your help."

"Yeah?" You asked.

"See, you remember the two enhanced from HYDRA and the Battle of Sokovia?" Steve started his question, and you nodded, "They're joining the team, and I have a mission to go on today, and I don't trust anyone enough to watch over them without killing them. You're near their age; could you keep them company?" Steve rambled on.

"Steve, I don't know," You sighed and looked down.

"I know you're shy, but they're new here, and I know Wanda is probably nervous, and I think you would be a good person for them to meet, and you're chill and-"

"Fine."

---

Wanda walked into Pietro's room about a month after their arrival, "Did you take my red jacket?" She asked.

"Why would I have taken that?" Pietro laughed as he looked through his closet, "Have you seen my sweatshirt?"

"No, I thought I brought it up here after the laundry was done," Wanda said, her brain confused about this whole situation.

"Hey, guys, want to go for breakfast?" You walked into Pietro's room with his blue sweatshirt on.

"There it is!" Wanda pointed at what you were wearing.

You cocked an eyebrow, "Is that a yes?"

Pietro and Wanda soon realized that it seemed like you didn't know you were wearing Pietro's sweatshirt, and they agreed to go out with you. Pietro would probably have his sweatshirt back tomorrow.

But when that didn't happen, and he didn't have his sweatshirt back for a week, he was curious why.

"Oh yeah," Clint said to the twins, "We probably should have said something."

"We're just so used to it," Steve shrugged and took a bite of an apple.

"Will you just tell us what's going on?" Pietro ran out of patience, and Wanda slapped his arm to calm him down.

"We don't know why, but they really like to borrow everyone's clothes. We never ask why, we don't mind either, it just happens. Most times, we get our things back once they get washed, though," Clint explained.

"So you don't know why it happens?" Wanda asked.

Steve shrugged, "Yeah, we didn't want to pry."

Pietro and Wanda nodded; they understood why they didn't ask. "So, losing your clothes randomly doesn't annoy you?" Pietro asked.

Clint and Steve looked at each other for a second, "Not really, no," Clint answers.

"I mean, it's a piece of clothing. And it makes our shy friend happy, so we don't care much if we lose a shirt for a week," Steve added in.

Pietro nodded and looked around, an idea popping into his head, "Thanks," He said and sped away.

Wanda groaned, "I hate when he does that!"

---

"Pietro?" You called as you walked into the speedsters room, "I have your sweatshirt."

You kept his shirt for a week and realized that he probably didn't know this was normal for you, and you felt bad about just taking it and leaving him confused.

"Pietro?" You called out again, and in a second, he was standing in the middle of his room.

"Hey!" He smiled.

"I have your sweatshirt," You held it out for him, "Sorry I took it; it's a habit. I do it to everyone and forgot that you guys don't know about it, but it looked really comfy, and I like swearing others sweatshirts because everyone has different tastes. It's really cool to see," You stopped yourself from rambling, "But I wanted to apologize."

Pietro took it out of your hands for a second and smiled, looked at you, and handed you back the sweatshirt. "Keep it."

"But Wanda asked me if I still had it because you were looking for it?" Now you were the confused one.

"I can tell you like it a lot, so I want you to have it," Pietro smiled, "And, I bought myself a second one."

"Pietro! I was going to give it back to you!"

"But this way we can be fresh and have the same shirt!" He smiled widely, speeding the sweatshirt over his head.

"Who says fresh anymore?" You laughed and lightly hit his arm.

"I think we're going to be excellent friends," He put his arm around you.

You nodded and put your sweatshirt over your head, "I'm glad."

After Pietro had given you that sweatshirt, you didn't feel the need to take anyone else's clothes. It was a sweet gesture, and a start to a great friendship.