Chapter 45

Jason "Retro" Morgan slowly wiped the blood from his mouth with a wet rag. He watched himself in the bathroom mirror. He looked like a very sick person. A dying person.

Except he was already dead.

He knew this because he no longer had a beating heart. He knew this because his once tanned skin had been drained of its color.

He knew this because he desired flesh and blood.

He exited the bathroom and made his way into the kitchen where his stepfather lay dead, ripped apart. Jason was at least grateful he didn't remember his first kill. And even though it was his asshole of a stepdad, he felt horrible for what he known he'd done.

"Even you didn't deserve this, old man," Jason croaked as he knelt before the bloody remains of his stepdad. But it wasn't long before Jason felt compelled to finish what he had started the night before. The monster inside of him was still hungry.

Bloodthirsty.

Jason lowered his head into his stepdad's huge stomach wound and continued to feed on him until the monster was finally satisfied.

* * *

Fawn walked through her front door to see all sorts of objects floating around the living room. Ashleigh, Nox, Monica, Freya, Leah and Vivienne sat in a circle in the center of the room as books, lamps, chairs and even a table aimlessly floated about.

"Whoa, what are you guys doing?" Fawn shrieked. "Mama would freak out if she saw this!"

"That's why we're practicing magic while Mama is out," said Ashleigh as she twirled a finger, spinning a large dictionary in place before her. When her eyes met Fawn's she froze, the dictionary falling into her lap. "Or . . . we could not practice magic while Mama is out."

"I don't see what the big deal is," Vivienne said, her eyes on the levitating table. "We're all in total control of our power. The only inexperienced witch here is you, Fawn." She giggled. "Have you yet to perform even a single spell?"

"Come on, Viv," Monica said. "Knock it off. We're all guests in Fawn's home. She has every right to --"

"To what?" Vivienne interrupted. "Tell us what to do?" The table suddenly floated over to its place near the living room wall and landed slowly and cautiously in its spot. Vivienne turned to face Fawn. "No offense, but I don't plan on being bossed around by a witch who can't even perform magic." She stood and made her way toward the back door.

Who the hell does she think she is? Fawn heard Vivienne's voice before she stepped out the back door. No one else in the room seemed to have heard it.

"What a bitch!" Ashleigh said a few seconds later, her face scrunched in disgust.

Monica turned to Fawn.

"Don't you mind Vivienne. She has . . . issues."

"Yeah," Ashleigh said. "But it's not fair how she's treating Fawn, who has done nothing but show her undeserving hospitality."

"Alright, ladies," Nox said. "Fawn is home. Let's clean up. Party's over."

Fawn leered a hole through Nox.

"Or . . . or, the party's just beginning." Nox stretched his arms. "Fawn's here!"

"Whatever. Just clean up before Mama gets home," Fawn said, taking off her jacket and hanging it in the closet by the front door.

"You've come home just in time, Fawn" came Leah's tiny voice. "Monica was just about the tell us the tale of the elementals."

Fawn froze.