Part 41: Iceland Pt. 1

A/N: Thank you so much for all the birthday wishes on the last chapter! I am very blessed and a very happy 19 year old! :-)

"Okay so we are 31 on the list and one is still missing." Mr. Horton read out loud while adjusting the classes on his nose, his eyebrows furrowing while he tried to scan the paper for who was missing. "Should I count again?"

"No, Luke responded and adjusted the grey beanie on his head, "I know who is missing."

"She's right there!" Matty exclaimed after scanning the airport completely for the third time, a smile embracing his face when he saw your mop of hair at least 25 meters away. Everyone followed his finger to see you sit on one of the handicap mini vans with an employee from the airport driving.

"And that equals 31." Mr. Horton smiled satisfied and crossed you off on the list.

Jumping out of the van you took your suitcase down from the back with the help of Matty and smiled happily at the employee. "Thank you so much, David." You waved and he nodded his head politely.

"You're welcome, Y/N. Say hello to your parents from me."

Nodding your head in agreement you gave him a thumbs up and turned around to focus on the rest of the group who was waiting desperately. It was so weird to see everyone all dressed up in winter clothes. It wasn't really something you experienced so it was something new to watch. It was even hard to recognize Matty with all his curls being hidden under a dark green beanie.

"Living the luxurious airport life, huh?" He grinned down at you and gave you a side hug in welcome. Everyone was standing in line for the checkout, some already returned their suitcases and stood by the side in waiting.

"What do you mean I can only have 23 kilograms with me? I can't just take some of the stuff out and leave it here!" Brittany exclaimed frustrated while leaning her arms over the counter, the woman in front of her looking apologizing.

"Someone forgot to look at the checklist." Matty whispered down at you totally amused, watching as Brittany stamped her foot down frustrated and fell down to her knees when her suitcase wouldn't be accepted.

"I'll handle that." Mrs. Lauren mumbled and hurried towards her to help get some of the stuff out of her suitcase and into her hand luggage instead. Everyone was watching in amusement as they were almost ready to argue now because Brittany was so stubborn about her stuff.

It almost felt like it took a whole hour to get her suitcase down on the requested weight. Of course afterwards things went fast and the last couple of students were checked in. You almost feared that the person could be Wilma or such but when you were greeted by one of the new employees at the airport it was a huge relief.

Everything was going smoothly. You were all set free to do what you wanted in the airport until you had to board the plane. Matty and you decided to eat at Burger King, buy at least 2 kilograms of sweets in the Tax free shops and drank some morning coffee at one of the many Starbucks. You even helped him to find out what perfume he should buy for Zoey on her birthday.

But that changed the second you walked into the airplane with confusion written all over your face.

With such a huge class checked into the same plane it was hard for the company to make sure everyone was sitting along the same rows. That meant that people were spread from the first row to the last one. Some were having a row for themselves while others had to sit alone with strangers.

When you took a look at yours and Matty's you were at least 6 rows apart. Of course it made huge sense since you were the last one checking in before the teachers. And Matty was sitting with one of the boys from the psychology class so after he took a seat down at his place you waved slightly and kept on moving.