Chapter 27 - I Freaking Love Noah Miller

The cold wind blew and I was freezing. Its about eleven fifty five and I am on my way to the park. I snuck out the house about two minutes ago. My mom and dad came back in my room after I got off the phone with Noah and they took away my phone and told me once again I wasn't allowed to see Noah and that I was grounded for two months. I find this extremely ridiculous. We didn't do anything wrong. I was just trying to help him. He was upset. Its not fair.

I walked a little while longer down the road towards the park. I could see my breath in the cold air with every breath I took. The park came into view and I immediately spotted Noah. He was sitting on the park bench with his head in his hands.

"Noah." I said loud enough for him to hear me. He looked up then he ran up to me and took me in a bear hug. I welcomed his warmth as he hugged me.

"Are you cold sweetheart?" He asked. I nodded my head against his chest. "I parked my car in the parking lot. C'mon."

"Okay." I mumbled, my teeth chattering slightly. He grabbed my hand and led me to the parking lot. We climbed into his car once we made it. Noah cut the heat on high when we were in there. I hugged myself trying to stay as warm as I could.

"C'mere." Noah said. He opened his arms and gestured me to sit on his lap. I got up from the passenger seat and climbed over the arm rest in the middle and climbed onto his lap. He wrapped his arms around me making me even more warm. "Skylar we aren't breaking up. We're staying together weather they like it or not. I'm not letting them tear us apart."

"Did your parents say they didn't want you to see me?" I asked. He nodded.

"They didn't say that. But they think we should spend less time together and spend more time with school work." He said. I frowned.

"I mean I understand it didn't look right that we were in a janitors closet but that doesn't men we skipped. You were upset about having a bad day and I was there for you. I hate this Noah." I said.

"I know I hate it too." He said. He ran his fingers through his hair and that's when I saw the bandages wrapped around his knuckles. I grabbed his wrist and looked at his hand.

"Did you hurt yourself that bad?" I asked.

"I was mad Sky. I still am. But everything is going to be fine. We are still going to see each other at school. And we'll find a way to hang out and see each other out of school." He said. I kissed his knuckles gently as he spoke.

"So are we kinda like Romeo and Juliet?" I asked still holding his hand in mine.

"I guess so." He smiled the kissed my cheek. I leaned my head on his shoulder.

"This isn't fair. The one time I actually have something good happen to me in a long time they have to try and take it away from me. I know they know that I would never do something like that at my age. I guess they just hate me or something." I rambled. Noah shook his head.

"They love you Sky." He said. It was my turn to shake my head.

"No they don't. They loved Ryan more." I said. He cupped my face making me look at him. "They were always at his football games and stuff but never at the cheer competitions I had. They always looked out for him and all of that. When all my so called friends ditched me after Ryan died they didn't do anything. I was alone. Ryan was basically the one who raised me. They are barely around anymore. I need them but there not there for me. They don't even believe me when I say we weren't skipping. I just...I don't know."

"Skylar they do love you, okay? They just have a different way in showing it. And everything is going to be okay. We are going to get through this. You and I. I'm not leaving and neither are you. I told you we will see each other. I promise everything will be okay. Just stay positive sweetheart." Noah said. He traced my bottom lip with his thumb as his eyes locked with mine.