Requested Peter Oneshot

blub

(A/N: This oneshot is a request mixed with my one idea. The request came in a while ago, so sorry I just now getting to it! I honestly had no idea how to make it good, until now, so I didn't do it. I don't want to give you crappy writing just because I need to post. That's not my thing. Also, I don't usually do song fics but I really love this song and think it could be really good. Anyway, one with the oneshot! Let the tears begin.)

Oneshot: Peter loses his angel (What About Angels song fic)

Requested by: MrsFrancoise

        As he walked down the street, Peter Pevensie subconsciously walked faster.

        He had taken a walk to clear his thoughts. It seemed like a good idea at the time. His grieving brain didn't even think about the bitter cold he would experience if he stepped foot outside. It seemed, however, as though the pain had a stronger bite than the cold.

        He wasn't dressed appropriately for the weather of a London December. The roads were icy, the sidewalks too, and most bars or pubs were closed due to holidays. As he continued his unconscious search for warmth, Peter stuffed his hands in his pockets.

        Usually, the eldest Pevensie had a knack for becoming a popsicle while out in the snow. Even when wearing the proper coat and boats, he would shiver uncontrollably. Tonight, however, the cold was already inside of him, and didn't have any effect.

        He was wearing a suit. A nicely tailored one, too, bought especially for the event that had taken place. He had silently vowed never to wear it again.

We know full well there's just time

So is it wrong to dance this line?

        Time was a precious thing to Peter, and he managed his well. Or, at least he thought he did.

If your heart was full of love

Could you give it up?

        Peter though he spent his time wisely. Managing his work and play. He tried to spend time with those who mattered to him, but we only have so much time.

        He loved you. He still did, even though he could never tell you that. Not anymore.

        That night, the night he lost you, was a blur. Though, giving what happened, Peter could forgive himself for forgetting.

        The argument was pointless. It was silly and harboured a far larger price than Peter wanted to pay.

        You had left after Peter said something that hit home. He wasn't even sure what he said, to be honest. All he remembered was you saying you were going to F/N's house, and for him not to follow you. He didn't. In hindsight, he wished he had.

        That darn car. Whether you hadn't seen it of over shot its distance, that darn car had taken you from Peter. In a flash of blinding light and a faintly uttered scream, Peter lost his angel.

Cause what about, what about angels?

They will come, they will go make us special.

        You made Peter special. Sure, he was a pretty amazing guy on his own. But there are plenty of amazing guys. With you, Peter was special.

        With you around, Peter could smile like he didn't have a care in the world. With you in the room, Peter felt empowered like never before, and though he was in your presence a lot, the feeling never got old.

        However; Peter now missed that feeling. The hard blushing in his cheeks when you called him by his actual name.(A/N: Ayee reference.) The tingle in his fingertips as he ran them up your bare back. The feeling of knowing that he had something he could center his world around.

        The knowledge that your last impression of him was negative was heartbreaking. He loved you. He tried to be better for you. He wanted to impress you as though he was trying to win you over, though you had been dating for years. 

Don't give me up

Don't give....me up

        Peter's will was gone. The light that had fought back the dark depression was gone. And it wasn't coming back. Ever.

How unfair, it's just our luck

Found something real that's out of touch

        For years, Peter had pined over you. The beautiful angel in maths class. The dramatic darling in drama. Great at every subject, beautiful in every meaning of the word, you drew Peter in like a moth to a flame.

        But, like the beginning of a sad movie, you were swept up with the popular guy. Caspian. Peter loathed his name, but with him came you, so he pretended the seven letters didn't burn a hole through his soul.

But if you'd searched the whole wide world

Would you dare to let it go?

        School ended, like all things. You left Caspian in search of a new surrounding, a different perspective on life. Peter left in search of something better than himself, or maybe to better himself, he couldn't tell. And neither could you.

Cause what about, what about angels?

They will come, they will go make us special.

        A coffee shop. A quaint little coffee shop in the corner of a small town in America. A warm place in Oregon to escape the cold wind of the harsh winter. However artistically you want to name it, it was the start of something incredible, destined for destruction.

Don't give me up.

Don't give....me up.

        The gathering Peter went to was given mixed emotions. Some people thought it was a nice tribute to your legacy. Other's thought it signaled the end of it. As though the last time you were seen would be the last time you made anyone feel something, like their memories of you wouldn't bring them to tears later on.

        Peter wiped away a tear. He hadn't known where he stood. Whether moving on was the best option, or if you would've wanted him to drag his feet for years. He didn't know what you would have wanted. You were always such a complex person, so hard to figure out. Well, it's not like could ask you, is it?

        Peter was glad that he had made a circle back to your- his, house. He was as close to breaking as you could be while still put together.

(A/N: 1. That's the end.

         2. DAm THAT WAS SAD

         3. It's my dad's birthday so I have to go be social yeah

         4. This is my first A/N (I think) after the chapter. It's kinda weird. Whatever.

         5. Peace out)