016

Sixteen | A Day In The Life Of Us

As I woke up with my eyes still closed, I could feel someone staring at me, "Hm. You're staring."

"Hm. I am." Damon replied.

I opened my eyes, blinking several times, adjusting to the brightness of the room. Damon was inches away from me. He took my hand in his, kneading small circles into the back of it, "I truly am sorry for hurting you. I'll never forgive myself."

"Hey." I pushed myself onto my elbows, "I was just taken back. I forgive you, okay?"

He pulled me close and pressed his soft, warm lips against mine. I softly giggled as he rolled on top of me. I kissed him hard and slightly opened my mouth for him to insert his tongue. My hands tangled in his hair as he ran his hand down my stomach and grabbed my waist. He tried to pull me on top of him but we fell off the edge of the bed and onto the floor.

"Ow." I groaned, rubbing my back.

"Sorry." He smirked, crawling up to me and kissing me again.

After a few seconds I pulled away, realising what I was doing. I couldn't let myself fall back into this so easily, "I need to go shower."

I pushed myself up and began walking into his ensuite.

"Can I join?" He asked, getting up off the floor.

"No." I responded.

He pouted in response but I ignored him.

It had been two days since Alaric had killed Elijah. His witch, Jonas had taken Bonnie's powers but soon after him and his son had died. When Jonas died, he gave the powers back to Bonnie. Katherine had also apparently stayed in Mystic Falls to 'help' but I wasn't falling for her crap. I thought with Elijah gone, things could get easier but maybe without him they were going to get worse.

▂▂▂▂

Damon and I walked out of his room after we'd got dressed. We bumped into Stefan in the hallway. We continued walking as Stefan told us some news, "Isobel visited Elena's last night."

"What?" Damon asked, wide eyed. We walked quickly down the stairs.

"Isobel just showed up at their front doorstep." Stefan replied.

"What is she doing here?" I asked.

"I don't know." Stefan shrugged, "That's what I'm gonna go find out."

Katherine suddenly appeared around the corner, "I don't think that you should tell her that I'm here."

"Why are you still here anyway?" I frowned. She didn't respond, just smiled smugly at me.

"What? Why?" Stefan asked her, putting on his jacket.

"It's better if she and John not know that I stayed in town after I got out of the tomb." Katherine said.

"You're the one in cahoots with them." Damon frowned at her, "You made a deal with John that almost got us killed."

"I did what I had to get out of the tomb." Katherine told us, "Now I'm reconsidering my alliance."