Chapter Fourteen ~ An Enrolled Student

The past week had flown by. I had mostly spent it with my new animals, trying desperately to create a bond between them, unsuccessfully. My robes were folded in my trunk, and any books that I couldn't fit in to the trunk lay in the belly of my cauldron.

'The Hobbit' was tucked into one of my many sweaters, cushioning it against any harm. My magnificent wand never left the palm of my hand, I even slept with it.. Ollivander was right, it was strengthened beyond belief. It was virtually impossible to snap or harm.

Today was the day. The day that I had literally been waiting for my entire life; I was an Enrolled Student and Hogwarts. Today, at 11 o'clock on the dot, I would board the train and be whisked away to the castle that I had grown up in.

Tonight, the sorting hat would sing his song and announce my house. I knew that I had found my loyalties, and it was an amazing feeling. Leon lay on his back, exposing his tender belly to the sunrays streaking in to our room. Soon, very soon, we would leave. 

I knew that I was nearing 10 o'clock, and I wished that we could leave right now. However, politeness prevented me from screeching at the to hurry up! Noctis didn't seem to mind, and thanks to him, I had been able to receive letters from Neville much faster.

Rubbing the soft fur on Leon's belly, his eyes slowly closed in sheer relaxation. Noctis wasn't an affectionate animal, but he loved the skin covering his spine to be roughly scratched. His impossibly black eyes looked on to Leon's grooming with no hint of jealousy.

Then again, it was so difficult to read his emotions anyway. His eyes were like dark tunnels, leading to another place, another world. Leon's eyes were simple to read, he projected his emotions so easily through the small brown irises.

Today, Dobby's plan would come in to play. I couldn't put my finger on just what it could be, but he what adamant that it would prevent Harry Potter from getting to Hogwarts. I couldn't help but feel slightly jealous of Harry; he spent the past month with the Weasley's, having the time of his life, no doubt.

I didn't mind staying at the Malfoy's, it gave me time to think. A lot of time to think. I looked enviously at the blades of grass being swept over by the wind, at least they were free. I tried to tell myself that I was here willingly, that I could leave whenever I pleased, but such lies were empty.

I pulled up a pair of black jeans over my scrawny legs and a loose, striped blue jumper. I realised that my 'wardrobe' consisted of jeans, singlets and jumpers, but it was all that I needed to get my by day to day. Unlike Narcissa, I found flamboyant dresses and exotic jewellery to be a nuisance.

Nervousness grew within my chest, making me want to punch out my anger. Chewing down on my lip, an awful habit that I possessed, I dug my teeth in until I drew blood. What if I was placed in Slytherin? What if Neville hated me for it? What if, somehow, everybody discovered the truth about my father?

Flopping back on to the bed, I allowed my light brown hair to splay out on my pillow, most definitely messing it up. The neat ringlets would be ruined, but I didn't care. I groaned loudly, wanting to yell out in anger. Imagine what Draco would say if I was put in Slytherin?